Sr. Analyst, Global Client Payments (6611)
The Sr. Analyst – Global Client Payments is a key member of the Global Payments team. This role will be responsible for performing daily bank reconciliation processes for key tax payment bank accounts. The Sr. Analyst is also responsible for outgoing tax payment processing, working with bank partners, supporting monthly, quarterly and annual financial reporting, customer inquiries. Reporting to the Director of Global Client Payments, the Sr. Analyst will also work with to improve payment processes by participating in payment automation projects and initiatives. This position requires an in office presence in Seattle, WA.
Support and perform various aspects of Settlement funds transfer and reconciliation processes for Avalara Global Client Payments group
- Perform daily Payment Bank Account Reconciliations with the intent of identifying payment exceptions that require additional research and handling with Avalara Trust financial institutions.
- Identify, recommend and implement solutions to streamline existing operational processes and achieve results of enhanced productivity, reduced expenses and increased efficiencies
- Perform payment processing to jurisdictions for a variety of business units.
- Provide daily cash activities reports, settle inter-company balances, and reconcile payments activity typically involving multiple currencies and bank accounts.
- Review consolidated financial information for internal and external use, including detailed financial statement analytics and verifying consolidated balances are correct. Identify, investigate and resolve unusual fluctuations or balances.
- Partner with team to design, upgrade, maintain and document Treasury Management systems (e.g. Accounting systems, Excel, SQL databases) utilized for departmental functions including management reporting
- Support audit requirement on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Provide support for daily general ledger entries and reconciliations relating to settlement daily funds movement, dispute resolution transactions, and interchange fee activity
- Perform operational processing, transactional research; formulate recommendations to resolve issues
- Identify, recommend and implement analytical tools or processes for enhanced data mining and reporting
- Manage and improve upon month-end close processes, including preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and account analysis
- Maintain policies and procedures in support of team functions and audit controls
- Special projects as assigned (i.e. assisting with the integration of newly acquired organizations and the setup of new operations)
- Ability to understand the conceptual basis of accounting guidance as well as mechanics of execution
- BA/BS in Accounting and/or Finance
- 4+ years work experience in Treasury/Finance/Accounting.
- Demonstrated work experience in the areas of data analysis, problem solving, general ledger
- Must possess advanced MS Excel modeling and be capable to marry technical and business level input and support on a daily basis (i.e. Formulas, Macros, pivots, VB)
- Aptitude or ability to utilize data mining software/tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau, SQL, Micro Strategy, etc.) is highly desired
- Previous experience working in accounting systems (i.e. NetSuite, GP, SAP, Quickbooks)
- Ability to lead/work collaboratively in team environment, with the ability to manage change and be flexible to frequently changing business priorities
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel); experience with Visio is a plus
- Previous experience with general ledger systems such as Dynamics GP is a plus
- Treasury Processing Services experience or in-depth knowledge of the Payments/Processing industry is a plus
- Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines
- High quality control standard and good attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are required with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and solutions to both internal and external customers. Previous experience in customer care and support desirable.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.