- Creating and managing a security automation framework and pipeline.
- Maintaining and improving the infrastructure that security reliesupon.
- Evangelizing and assisting the development teams with tool integrations across the organization
- Providing training and guidance to security engineering to integrate
- new tools into the security pipeline.
- Developing and implementing manual and automated security tests.
- Experience working with tools that support a secure SDLC (PrismaCloud, CheckMarx, ThreadFix, Acunetix, Burp Suite, etc)
- 5+ years' experience software development experience, preferring Go, Python, and .Net
- Experience working with IaC and PaC.
- Understanding of common cryptographic and authN/authZ
- standards (TLS, SAML, OA uth, etc)
- Experience working with a variety of development tools, languages,
- and environments, including .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js, Ember, SQL
- Server, and Amazon Web Services
- Experience performing peer code review.
- Experience with agile software development processes and methodologies
- Working knowledge of source code repositories including Gi
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Experience in Security Engineering roles, in support of the SDLC
- Experience working within an AWS environment.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.