Product Marketing Director – Developer & Integrations Marketing
Want to join a dynamic, rapidly growing SaaS company that's disrupting a multi-billion-dollar industry? Avalara is a dynamic B2B SaaS company that provides cloud-based software for sales tax and other indirect taxes. We are pioneering technologies to make the complicated world of tax compliance easier for our customers.
The Product Marketing organization is responsible for defining product portfolio, customer segmentation, market sizing, buyer personas, buyer journeys, messaging and positioning, customer-facing collateral, competitive analysis, field communication, win-loss interviews, customer evidence, and product launch activities. This team is accountable for all Avalara products across all geographies.
This role provides the opportunity for an experienced product marketer to take our integration & API platform innovations to market. As the go-to-market owner of Avalara's API platform and integrations, you will grow adoption and drive pipeline by:
- Owning the GTM vision and strategy for API marketing. Identify and segment target developers, their pain points and needs through qualitative and quantitative research, and solutions to meet those needs.
- Developing product positioning, value propositions, and key messaging to be used in product development and marketing campaigns throughout the developer journey.
- Building a thriving community of developers who create innovative applications on Avalara's platform
- Owning the GTM vision and strategy for launching new partner integrations. Leading other marketing, partner and sales functions to execute your GTM strategy, playing a key role in delivering high-quality content such as messaging, positioning, AR, and events
- Becoming the trusted advisor and partner to product management.
This is a high-impact opportunity for a product marketer to exercise strategic vision, business acumen, storytelling skills, and technical expertise. This position will require working with cross-functional leaders and marketers across the company.
- 12+ years of product marketing, product management and/or developer evangelism experience
- Prior experience as a software developer is highly preferred
- Technical degree, preferably in Computer Science
- Track record of marketing technical innovations to users and buyers
- Experience working closely with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, marketing, partner, sales) to develop, launch, and scale a product; experience partnering to execute marketing campaigns
- Proven success managing time and juggling multiple projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift fast.
- The demonstrated ability to work independently and autonomously.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.