Senior Software Engineer - ETL/BI
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to drive data store/data warehouse/data mart design & configuration.
- Use ETL tools to load data stores/data warehouse
- Provide support as required to ensure the viability & performance of enterprise data and BI environments to both internal & external users.
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented.
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision.
- Design & Implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Maintain JIRA, Wiki and project documentation as needed.
- Should be flexible and available on US timing as and when required for team collaborations.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in data management, ETL, data warehousing and BI Reporting.
- Strong experience in Talend Data Integration tool.
- Proficiency in writing complex SQL queries, Stored Procedures.
- Strong experience in Data Warehouse and ETL concepts.
- Solid foundation in DW and BI design, tools, processes and implementation approaches
- Knowledge of data modeling, data ingestion and ETL design.
- Knowledge of integration with systems like Salesforce, Relational Databases, REST API, FTP/SFTP...etc.
- Experience in BI tools, preferably Tableau/Power BI.
- Knowledge of SSIS and SSRS is a plus.
- Knowledge of AWS technologies (EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift...etc.).
- Ability to learn and use new technologies quickly & effectively.
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Team player
- Ability to think out of the box and generate new ideas
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.