Director Marketing EMEA
Avalara is looking for a Director of Marketing in EMEA.
This is a key role reporting to the Vice President, International GTM. The role will provide leadership, strategy and management of the EMEA marketing function.
The successful candidate will have accountability for creating and implementing a marketing strategy that spans brand awareness, demand generation, digital marketing, field marketing and analytics for current and new products, across direct and partner routes to market. This leader must have demonstrated the ability to drive the development and implementation of strategic marketing activities supporting significant EMEA revenue growth.
The ideal candidate is a strong leader with proven field marketing accomplishments, thrives on making data-driven decisions and has extensive knowledge of developing scalable programs that generate brand awareness, create net-new opportunities and accelerate pipeline and deals. S/he will align with and support a fast-paced, growing sales organization to create collaborative programs that help find new buyers and cross-sell into existing accounts.
This role will provide leadership to demand generation teams to maximize sales performance and manage resource allocation decisions to improve effectiveness and efficiency of all marketing activities.
The right candidate will exhibit the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, and sometimes ambiguous work environment. S/he will need to comfortably interact and communicate with senior executives internal and external to Avalara. The Director must be a proven collaborative leader with strong alignment to the Company's culture and Success Traits.
- Build out and maintain the target addressable market across EMEA for all product and segments and create appropriate marketing strategies to most effectively succeed in each.
- Design, build, implement and operate a prospect universe, utilizing appropriate data sources to understand audience segments. Design, build and implement appropriate nurturing campaigns to build relationships with these audiences to drive conversion.
- Develop and drive all demand generation across channels (direct and partner), working closely with segment and sales teams to identify and prioritize target markets.
- Drive regional demand generation plans using a variety of programs across the marketing mix. Own planning and execution for all campaigns including email, social, digital, paid search, webinars, events (on-line and in-person), partner events, speaking engagements, ABM (account-based marketing), and more.
- Create data-driven approaches to enhance outcomes and increase understanding of performance across each stage of the funnel.
- Fully develop an account-based marketing capability, working in conjunction with Sales to maximize interactions with enterprise and large mid-market organizations.
- Develop a mature partner marketing function that takes ownership of related activities, from new partner acceleration to expansion (working with head of sales and business development).
- Take a digital-first approach. Develop and innovate new methods of targeting through social platforms, digital and direct marketing, working with the segments and markets.
- Integrate and adapt global messaging, partner plans, campaigns and content into local campaigns and programs. Conversely, generate repeatable programs and processes that can be shared across other regions.
- Partner cross-functionally with corporate and product marketing to develop fully integrated, multi-channel promotions and campaigns.
- Continue to build on Avalara's strong brand and increase brand presence across EMEA. Expand on customer and partner presence, advertising, content and partner adoption / recommendation.
- Build a structure for scale and growth for EMEA, building a world-class EMEA marketing organization.
- Lead, develop, and grow a diverse team of marketing professionals to deliver and execute on the defined strategies. Serve as a coach and mentor, ensuring growth and development of leading-edge skills along with rigorous performance management standards.
- Proven experience leading a SaaS marketing function for a high growth business with significant EMEA revenue.
- 10+ years of strategy and execution for enterprise software organizations; 3+ years of experience with SaaS products.
- Proven ability of defining target addressable markets and building differentiated marketing strategies for geographies, products and segments.
- Highly collaborative, working with key stakeholders within the EMEA leadership team as well as relevant stakeholders across corporate headquarters and other regions.
- Deep experience in channel and partner marketing focused on the B2B and SMB channels.
- Analytical and data-driven with a forward-thinking view on marketing programs, technologies and philosophies.
- Skilled at competitive analysis & positioning, and creating competitive replacement programs
- Must have a relentless focus on the customer journey and experience.
- Passionate individual who truly believes in the company vision. Self-motivated/objective driven.
- Strong leadership skills, visionary, with a business-minded approach, able to move from the big picture/ strategic perspective to the important details while maintaining perspective.
- Highly skilled in the recruitment, development and management of top tier talent.
- Energetic, roll-the-sleeves up, enthusiastic, results-oriented leader and team motivator; thrives in a fast paced, performance driven culture.
- Bachelor's in Business, Marketing or related field required; Master's degree preferred.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world. Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Europe, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com