Manager, Compliance Services
The Manager of Compliance Services will join Avalara’s Telecommunications tax compliance services team and will take an active role in directing our monthly returns filing cycle. This team is responsible for servicing customers across enterprise and mid-to-small size businesses.
- Ensure operational readiness and timely delivery of our return’s services product on behalf of our customers, by proactively setting timing expectations, monitoring status and acting quickly when deadlines are threatened by removing roadblocks so your team can continue to move forward.
- Work closely with other Telecommunications team leaders & members as well as cross-functionally with other Avalara teams who are directly involved in joint supporting our customers, as part of delivering the end-to-end customer experience.
- Be hands on in the assessment of end-to-end service delivery order to drive internal process and policy decisions & improvements.
- Drive employee engagement through your actions & words, lead by example and demonstrate trust & respect.
- Nurture a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are a key.
- Advance initiatives related to technology used in the filing cycle by working closely with our Product team.
- Experience managing in a deadline driven environment with monthly cycles and can demonstrate success in removing obstacles and owning the outcomes.
- Effective communicator who is able to adjust communication based on the audience whether is an employee, customer, peer or business leader.
- Experienced people manager that owns the common employee related issues, create and monitor goals for your team, coach and support your team in their development.
- Evidence of owning objectives and leading projects with milestone, targets ability to communicate status as well as escalate blockers to ensure success.
- Demonstrate experience in leading meetings on a routine basis as well as participating in meetings where you must develop content and present to your peers and leaders.
- Applied management experience in the areas of indirect tax, accounting or financial services
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology
- SaaS (software as a service) industry experience
- Experience with tax technology applications (i.e. Avalara, SureTax, Vertex, Sabrix, or Oracle Enterprise Business Tax)
- CPA, MBA or CMI
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.