Senior Marketing Analyst
Senior Analyst, Marketing Analytics
Avalara is seeking a business-savvy and action-oriented strategic leader to join its Analytics team as Senior Marketing Analyst. In this role, you will be responsible for providing analytical insights and recommendations to enable the application of best practices in marketing customer lifecycle management. You will be responsible to provide exceptional analytical insights that form the basis of GTM strategy. Develop scalable models to drive new acquisitions, product and channel decisions.
This rare opportunity involves creative freedom in generating insights, stakeholder management across multiple global teams and direct influence on our roadmap. This highly visible role will make a significant contribution to the growth of our business.
As a member of the product analytics team, you will
- Provide analytical deep-dives, monitor and optimize the marketing channel performance
- Design and execute testing strategies for improving individual performance across channels
- Integrate data from all 3rd party sources and develop Machine Learning algorithms to build propensity and value models for different products and geographies
- Work cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Strategy teams for various Sales and Marketing programs and initiatives; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Present recommendations to senior-level executives and measure effectiveness of recommendations by monitoring their impact
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics, computer science, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience.
- Hands on experience in Marketing analytics domain – Directmail, Paid media, Telemarketing and Email marketing
- Data driven mindset with degree in a quantitative discipline such as Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Fluent in Python, SQL and Excel; experience with visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview, and building statistical models preferred
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence cross-functional teams
- Above all comfort with data – ability to manipulate it, question its validity, interpret it, and develop recommendations based on it
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.