Want to kick off an exciting career with a fast-growing cloud technology business in a complicated, exciting & high growth area of regulatory compliance? We are looking for a Sales Development Manager to join our EMEA sales team to make an outstanding contribution to the growth of our regional sales capability.
The Sales Development Manager will oversee a growing sales development team, providing training, coaching and mentoring. Using your leadership skills, you will inspire this group of frontline Sales Development Representatives and lead the way for some of our greatest future talent!
Your team consists of bold and competitive individuals, who will identify net new prospects and high value opportunities through outbound prospecting.
Your role will be an integral part of our sales process; this position being designed to provide the opportunity for inspiring skill progression in your team, as well the beginning of your own career development in an exciting, innovative, and growing SaaS company.
- Lead a team of sales development representatives (SDR’s)
- Motivate them to exceed objectives through coaching, weekly one on ones, daily metric tracking and creative incentives
- Help create a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Oversee and monitor the effective use of Salesforce and other CRM tools
- Work closely with senior management team to refine process, talk tracks and update training documentation
- Ensure positive and collaborative working relationships with both the marketing and sales organisations to maximise SDR impact
- Provide ongoing feedback to website to help drive the highest quality responses to the SDR team
- Compile daily and weekly reports for quality assurance
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience in sales management for telephone-based sales, business development or SDR teams preferably in SaaS or technology sales
- Proven skill set of identifying great talent and scaling a successful team (successful SDRs typically promote within 12-18 months which makes hiring and training a particularly important aspect of the job)
- Experience being adaptable while working in high growth, fast paced, or start up environments
- Strong working knowledge of inbound and outbound tele-prospecting methodologies in a highly automated environment
- Innovative and humble self-starter with the ability to train, coach and mentor individuals that demonstrate Optimism, Passion and Fun through high motivational energy
- Experience with Salesforce is required, Chilipiper, ExecVision/Gong or SalesLoft preferred
- Ability to sit at the executive table and effectively interact with all levels of management across different departments utilising excellent interpersonal, organisational, written and verbal communication skills.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com