Strategic Partner Manager
Avalara is revolutionizing a fundamental business process most people never even consider - sales tax compliance. We’ve set our sights on being part of every business transaction on the planet. How's that for a big idea? We've been hiring non-stop since the day we opened our doors and dramatically scaling up our sales organization. Come join the Orange Revolution!
The Strategic Partner Manager is responsible for setting and leading our global strategy across key Strategic Partnerships. This position will be responsible for driving the strategy and execution of programs to meet and exceed our revenue objectives. This role is a high impact role requiring collaboration across multiple functions with Avalara including Sales, Customer Loyalty, Marketing, Product and Business Development as well as with our International teams.
This is a senior role that is responsible for our overall strategy that plays an integral role in the success of the overall sales team and company.
Some of the things you’ll be doing include …
- Collaborating with cross functional teams to set the Go to Market Strategy
- Manage programs to maximize net sales revenue across both new sales and add-on and upsell.
- Work directly with our Partner Certification and Partner Management teams to optimize our integration into the Partner’s system and to provide ongoing enhancements to meet customer satisfaction requirements and introduce new product opportunities.
- Coordinate with our Business Development and Partner Launch team to recruit and launch new Products
- Work directly with our Partner Sales and Alliances Organization to develop channel marketing programs, training, collateral, etc.
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences and associations
- 10+ years of experience managing Strategic Partnerships with Software Integrators, Accounting Consulting firms or Software Publishers such as Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, NetSuite, Zuora, Intuit.
- Experience with building, developing and growing strategic Partnerships that deliver long term revenue growth and customer/partner satisfaction.
- Energy and Enthusiasm with a willingness to travel.
- Bachelor's Degree with a technical or business focus preferred.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.