Senior Tax Manager - Poland
Are you a qualified tax advisor or accountant in Italy, Spain, France or Poland?
Are you looking to expand your skills and help build a truly global business?
Do you see automation as the inevitable outcome in solving VAT issues?
Join and help lead a team that enables non-resident companies (foreign business) to sell their products in Europe, by making the compliance obligations near effortless. Avalara is seeking a senior leader to help drive the go-to-market and maturity of this newly established financial services business. The Senior Tax Manager will be responsible for leading the country activities and be part of the AFT Fiscal Services leadership team responsible for launching these services throughout Europe. The Senior Tax Manager will work with relevant internal legal, operational, and product teams to ensure that the Company is compliant with Anti-Money Laundering (“AML”) and Know-Your-Customer (“KYC”) laws and regulations in the European Union and with the Company’s Corporate Governance Guideline.
- Be the Subject Matter Expert in VAT compliance matters in-country as part of our cross functional team to ideate and build automation solutions for the region
- Be the liaison to the regional tax office(s) on behalf of Avalara and our customers in relation to VAT registrations, VAT filings, official enquiries, tax audits and administrative management
- Own and champion a compliance culture; responsible for the overall country risk assessment, program, development of internal controls and control testing, and preparation of governance reports
- Liaise with the General Counsel and other members of the Company’s legal team, and Internal Audit to establish and maintain appropriate risk-based monitoring processes that are proportionate to the scale, nature and complexity of the Company’s EU operations
- Work closely with the AML (anti money laundering) Director and other Country Tax Managers
- Serve as the Country specific MLRO (Money Laundering Reporting Officer) to coordinate and implement the Company’s AML/KYC programs based on overall Company processes and country-specific requirements,
- Perform regular testing on AML/KYC processes, policies and procedures to determine whether they are meeting the applicable regulations
- Implement a strong digital and technology approach to automate and streamline compliance procedures, as appropriate
- Proven Track record of working in a VAT / Indirect Tax Environment and is a recognized/accredited Tax Advisor in the region
- Knowledge of Corporate Compliance activities including monitoring, AML, KYC, internal controls, policy and procedures
- Prior experience as a Risk Officer or MLRO is an advantage
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills; must have strong verbal and written skills in both English and the language of the country in which the position is based
- Must be a critical and independent thinker, with demonstrated good judgement, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Must possess strong writing skills with the ability to present information (both financial and non-financial) and recommendations in a clear, persuasive and logical way
- Must have a demonstrated ability to analyze and evaluate business activities and exercise sound judgement to determine appropriate risks and appropriate actions/solutions
- Understand AML-related regulatory structure and process, regulations and their underlying principles is an advantage
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out. We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism. Avalara’s goal is to be a part of every transaction in the world.
For 15 years, Avalara has built our business by being our partners’ preferred provider of compliance automation so that we gain privileged access to their customers. Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use.
The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world. Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position:
Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com