Sr Mgr Lodging Compliance Services
- Responsible for all aspects of customer experience and deliverables end to end for the Compliance Services team which includes licensing & returns including both MyLodge tax, Avatax for Lodging and Property Management Groups.
- Develop metrics and operational disciplines to drive increased efficiency and accuracy in support of an expanding customer base as well as monitoring progress of each team and course correct as necessary.
- Guide future direction of automation as well as identify opportunities to improve process and systems to create greater accuracy and efficiency to enable the business to scale effectively.
- Develop cross functional relationships with Product, Development, Go Live, Support, CAM's, Sales & Treasury - All vital internal partnerships in delivering end to end managed returns experience.
- Cultivate a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are a priority which includes supporting teams with development opportunities, promoting a healthy culture, supporting core company values and focusing on employee experience.
- Perform ongoing assessments of monthly team processes to prioritize and execute high impact changes or enhancements which includes working with Managers to balance workload as needed and maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Sets direction for Lodging Compliance Services team which will allow team to deliver on the strategic initiatives set by Compliance Leadership, GM, and corporate
- Demonstrate deep subject matter expertise in Lodging functional areas as well as understands the customer and partners experience
- Leadership experience with a focus on operations excellence as part of developing, managing and motivating professional level employees.
- Proven track record for developing and reporting on key metrics to drive prioritization of investment in people, process and technology.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Experience working cross-functionally as part of the development and rollout of new products and services.
- Track record of delivering projects on time and operating under time compressed deadlines.
- Hands-on approach to developing and implementing operations efficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization including leaders, managers and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust at all levels of the organization by speaking truthfully, accepting the positions of others and delivering on commitments.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.