Avalara is looking for a proven Sales Executive to join a group of dynamic sales professionals. This individual will drive “net” new sales growth. Operating as part of a highly driven and high performing team, our Sales Executives are responsible for selling's Avalara sales tax compliance solutions and working with our partners to promote and increase sales to their customers. Avalara helps make sales tax compliance simple and automatic for businesses of all sizes and our sales team is passionate about our mission to help businesses achieve compliance by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
- Qualify and close sales leads generated by our sales development teams.
- Qualify and close new sales opportunities that are self-generated or through partner relationships.
- Manage a small and medium size customer sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close.
- Develop and maintain a high level of industry knowledge and Avalara's offerings.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Avalara partners and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avalara to help meet company objectives.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience, finance degree a plus.
- Highly motivated individual, competitive, and coachable.
- 5+years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers.
- Experience in handing high velocity and complex selling situations.
- Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas.
- Consultative, solution-based sales methodology.
- Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions or the banking/financial services Industry is a strong plus.
- Knowledge and expertise in the ERP, E-Commerce, Billing/POS solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.