Product Manager - Fiscal Representative
We’re looking for a Product Manager to lead the strategy, scope and requirements for key modules of our VAT compliance service for EU marketplace sellers. The Avalara service is the industry leading SaaS solution for managing registrations and filing obligations for multiple countries. This role will collaborate across product, engineering, and managed service teams and define solutions that provide quantifiable value for our customers.
You’ll combine passion for product management with knowledge and expertise for designing highly scalable, easy to use, secure and open systems for global use that directly correlate to measurable user needs and challenges.
- Ability to extract needs and opportunities and translate into system requirements and roadmaps
- Can normalize requirements from customers and internal subject matter experts and develop quantified product strategies and priorities.
- Have a deep understanding of how data can be used to drive actionable, relevant services in a SaaS environment
- Be able to create, track, and measure metrics that define success
- Ability to work in a dynamic and cross-functional environment with internal stakeholders and external users, while managing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Have high level of ownership that keeps others engaged before, during and after launch
- Have the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and be a great partner with a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders.
This role has responsibility for delivering solutions and services that enable customers to efficiently manage their compliance needs. In particular you will:
- define, collect and distill requirements from various sources to prioritize your roadmap
- work with engineering team to drive alignment on priorities
- work with our UX team to model and design next generation systems
- work cross product teams to build connections and integration points
- evangelize the value of our services
- track and quantify metrics that show progress towards goals
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Proven work experience in a similar role
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com