Director Communications Compliance Services
The Director, Communications Compliance Services will have responsibility to advance Avalara’s Communication Tax Compliance Services strategy by developing operational readiness and guiding the future direction of automation to effectively service across customers of all sizes. Leading the Compliance Services team will be critical to the overall success of the business.
- Responsible for all aspects of customer experience and deliverables end to end for the Compliance Services team which includes licensing & returns..
- Develop metrics and operational disciplines to drive increased efficiency and accuracy in support of an expanding customer base as well as monitoring progress of each team and course correct as necessary.
- Guide future direction of automation as well as identify opportunities to improve process and systems to create greater accuracy and efficiency to enable the business to scale effectively.
- Develop cross functional relationships with Product, Development, Go Live, Support, CAM's, Sales & Treasury - All vital internal partnerships in delivering end to end managed returns experience.
- Cultivate a “People First” culture, where talent acquisition, development and retention are a priority which includes supporting teams with development opportunities, promoting a healthy culture, supporting core company values and focusing on employee experience.
- Perform ongoing assessments of monthly team processes to prioritize and execute high impact changes or enhancements which includes working with Managers to balance workload as needed and maintaining appropriate internal control safeguards.
- Sets direction for Communications Compliance Services team which will allow team to deliver on the strategic initiatives set by Compliance Leadership, GM, and corporate
- Demonstrate deep subject matter expertise in Communications functional areas as well as understands the customer and partners experience
- Leadership experience with a focus on operations excellence as part of developing, managing and motivating professional level employees.
- Proven track record for developing and reporting on key metrics to drive prioritization of investment in people, process and technology.
- Strong interest in and aptitude for technology.
- Experience working cross-functionally as part of the development and rollout of new products and services.
- Track record of delivering projects on time and operating under time compressed deadlines.
- Hands-on approach to developing and implementing operations efficiencies.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels of an organization including leaders, managers and individual contributors.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust at all levels of the organization by speaking truthfully, accepting the positions of others and delivering on commitments.
- Education/Experience equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree plus 12 years experience
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara's open positions.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.