- Managing the clients’ expectations and overall experience
- Prepare & file multi-jurisdictional Indirect tax returns
- Exposure to multiple medium and high complexity jurisdictions
- Ability to troubleshoot, validate and understand the transactional data
- Manage a select group of customers or jurisdictions as a point of contact
- Preparing month end reports and / or reconciliations for customers
- Handle off-cycle projects
- Handle advanced customers support and / or notices that requires returns knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other four-year degree with equivalent accounting experience
- 1 to 3 years of experience in Indirect taxes which can include Sales & Use, Communications Tax, Lodging taxes or experience dealing with taxing jurisdictions
- Intermediate computer technical skills - MS Excel
- Demonstrated ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
- Exhibits strong professional written and verbal communication skills, including conveying information in clear and simple method
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet strict filing deadlines
- Developing skills in client relationships, able to express issues with a client, but still needs mentoring through the client interactions
- Demonstrates ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
- Enjoys details, working with data and performing analysis
- Provides examples of process improvements
- Excited individual that brings energy and wants to be a part of something great
- Superior recommendations and references
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.