Senior ServiceNow Developer
The ServiceNow developer within the Avalara Technology team is an integral component of a team supporting the ITIL service lifecycle. This individual will be instrumental in enabling our user base to leverage ServiceNow and it's integrations in a way that makes their work and engagement as efficient as possible. The successful candidate should demonstrate a deep knowledge of IT Operations processes and frameworks (SDLC, ITIL, etc.) and equivalent process improvement methodologies.
- Develop ServiceNow portal, processes, activities, templates, checklists, and other documents
- Define appropriate standards to be employed throughout the process
- Ensure that quality reports are produced, distributed and utilized
- Review opportunities for process enhancements and for improving the efficiency and effectiveness of the process
- Work across clients current ServiceNow environment to develop and build-out using requirements and direction from client and internal partners
- Assist with the production and maintenance of accurate links to Service Level Agreements, Operating Level Agreements, Underpinning Contracts, the Service Portfolio, and the corresponding maintenance procedures
- Ensure each service has an identified Service Owner and Provider
- Record and manage all complaints and escalate, where necessary, to reach resolution
- Analyze and review Service Catalog and SLM agreements for referential integrity, and to ensure that the catalog and agreements consider the same service dependencies
- Organize and maintain the regular Service Catalog review activities with both Customers and Service Owners including:
- Coordinate and facilitate ServiceNow meetings to assess quality, requirements, value and to address any actionable gaps
- Document the Service offering in terms familiar to the users
- Ensure all stake holders sign-off on the Service offering
- Ensure the publication of new Service Offering
- Experience performing the tasks above for a large IT organization.
- Certificated ServiceNow Application Developer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, business field or equivalent experience required
- Preferred ITIL v3 certification and familiarity with Technology Business Management (TBM) principles
- At least 7 years experience working within ServiceNow custom development
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.