The Atlassian Technologies Administrator is a Jira and Confluence subject matter expert responsible for providing application management, support, and operations for our internal organization.
This position is part of the Avalara IT organization and will work with business stakeholders to implement and continuously improve process and integration with other internal business applications.
- Provide recommendations to various lines of business on best practices and standardization in implementing and leveraging processes within the Atlassian Suite
- Work with teams across the organization to discover, scope, and implement Jira and Confluence workflows that meet their business needs.
- Research and provide recommendations on Atlassian products, plug-ins, and roadmap features for future enhancements to support business objectives
- Create complex Jira workflows including project workflows, security schemes, screen schemes, Jira vocabulary, and permission and notification schemes
- Create and maintain a governance plan for Jira and Confluence
- Configure metrics, dashboards, reports, and advanced filters in Jira/EazyBI/Confluence to provide end-users and business leadership with meaningful operational/performance metrics and status reports
- Liaise between internal customers and external vendors for more complex work involving custom code or for projects that require expert consultation
- Facilitating plugin research, procurement, testing and implementation
- Accountable for day to day service management and operations of hosted environment, including monitoring, security, vulnerability remediation, performance, data protection and disaster recovery
- 2+ years of experience with configuration and administration of Atlassian Products such as Jira Core, Jira Software, Confluence, and key 3rd-party add-ons
- Experience in administering, customizing Jira projects, and performing Atlassian migrations
- Experience with SDLC, ITIL, and Agile frameworks
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.