Sales Onboarding Manager
The Sales Onboarding Manager position is an individual contributor role, designed to support the onboarding and ongoing development of our Sales Executives. The Sales Onboarding Manager position accelerates the development and effectiveness of our Sales Executives through process-oriented coaching and training activities. The Sales Onboarding Manager will be a highly motivated, team-oriented individual, interested in expanding their influence and affecting the broader sales organization. Reporting to the Director of Sales they will be tightly aligned with leadership to the needs of the new business sales organization.
What You'll Do:
- Own the onboarding & ongoing development of sales executives (curriculum & delivery)
- Promote sales executive understanding of foundational tax & industry knowledge, product/service offerings, & sales methodology (CoM)
- Promote sales executive understanding of sales processes, tools, & sales motions
- Maintain & deliver role-centric curriculum paths aligned to role scope through Yr 1 onboarding
- Advance knowledge, skills, & sales motions through a process driven Yr 1 onboarding
- Promote certifications aligned to sales executive competencies & role development
- Maintain a process-driven coaching rhythm in partnership with sales leaders
- Serve as mentor to support sales executive development at both the strategic & tactical levels
- Leverage specific tools & frameworks to promote a culture of coaching & development
- Promote best practices for maintaining pipeline and forecasting accuracy
- Support introduction and discovery calls to drive creation of sales working pipeline
- Provide tactical & strategic input to accelerate deal progression
- Establish & maintain collaborative cross-functional relationships through initiatives
- Partner with sales leadership to accelerate the ongoing development of sales executives
- Maintain closed-loop communication with sales executives, sales leaders, & cross-functional partners
- Provide business readouts regarding key performance indicators across hiring classes
What You'll Bring to Avalara:
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience* · 1-3+ year's experience as a B2B Sales Professional (SaaS preferred)
- Consistent record of achieving performance goals including quotas, revenue targets or other key performance indicators. · Strong communication, interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills.
- Efficient work habits with the ability to effectively manage time & prioritize activities aligned to business impact.
- Ability to think strategically solve problems effectively & deliver outcomes.
- Experience dealing with ambiguity: must have the ability to take initiative and work in a fast-paced environment while balancing multiple demands and shifting priorities.
- Highly organized, motivated & driven to influence the success of others · Experience teaching/coaching/mentoring others to achieve shared success.
- Results-oriented with strong people skills, positively influencing behavioral change & agent development.
- Proficiency using Salesforce, Microsoft suite and collaboration tools like Zoom, Slack, etc. and experience in ExecVision or similar Call Coaching platforms (plus) highly preferred.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.