Sr. Product Manager - Excise Tax (R174)
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
What you will do:
- Work with customers to understand their needs
- Be / become an expert in your product’s space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design/UX
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to end customer experience
- Drive strategic cross-product and cross-functional initiatives that will help transform Avalara’s business and improve the customer experience
- Able to think outside of the box
- Driven self starter
What you will bring to the role
- 8+ years overall professional career experience with a blend of startup and big company perspectives
- 5+ years’ experience as a SaaS product manager leading products at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, quality and technology migrations; and serving customer bases that span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise as well as mass-market and vertical niches
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to create end-to-end customer experience within a product
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers more than 700 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers.
Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.