Sr. Compensation Consultant
This position can be remote in the US.
· Modify, implement and communicate global compensation and salary administration programs, including set up and maintenance of all compensation programs in Workday.
o Work with global and regional teams to ensure compensation processes are documented, communicated and adhered to.
o Review requests for new or revised jobs to determine appropriate placement in job structure.
o Prepare and maintain documentation as well as regularly update and distribute documents to HR team as appropriate
o May participate in salary surveys in order to understand competitive compensation levels in the organization and market.
o Maintain data in MarketPay
o Support executive compensation analysis, and administration
o Supports the annual salary planning and incentive processes.
o Conduct the calculation, preparation, approval, communication and payment of company bonus and incentive plans.
· Conduct job analysis and evaluation of all position levels (including appropriate title, position level, pay and incentive level, job code, EEO and FLSA classification, etc.); audit evaluation of positions and application of existing positions. Ensures the compensation structure remains up to date in the HR System.
· Understand, analyze and present data around compensation best practices and trends. Forecast potential outcomes and cost impact, including building financial models involving complex analysis.
· Assure through audits, analysis and reports, that all compensation programs are consistently administered in compliance with company policies and government regulations and maximize workforce productivity and efficiency.
· Prepare and maintain documentation as well as regularly update and distribute documents to HR team as appropriate
· Stay informed of legislative activities and regulatory changes and evaluates impact to compensation programs especially as it relates to global stock compensation programs including the employee stock purchase plan.
Qualification and Required Skills
· Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience required
· Minimum of 8 years of experience in broad-based compensation, incentive compensation
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills, prior experience with Marketpay is a plus
· Highly detail driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with an ability to see the broader picture.
· Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or CCP coursework preferred
· Must have a can-do attitude, the ability to prioritize workload and perform multiple tasks under accelerated deadlines
· Self-starter and able to work well and communicate effectively in a team environment
· Strong consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice
· Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and advanced Excel skills
· Ability to manage ambiguity and changing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.