Sales Executive - Strategic Products
Avalara is looking for a highly motivated and successful Sales Executive to join a group of dynamic sales professionals. Avalara has developed a holistic solution for Indirect Tax compliance and is focused on high growth for specific Strategic Products as part of this portfolio. This individual will have responsibility for achieving individual sales targets by driving sales of our Consumer Use Tax, Exemption Certificate Management, License Management, and Research solutions. Additionally, they will be instrumental in facilitating the collective success of our sales teams by providing SME support for these Strategic Products. Avalara helps make sales tax compliance simple and automatic for businesses of all sizes and our sales team is passionate about our mission to help businesses achieve compliance by delivering comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
· Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
· Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation and close.
· Partner with various sales teams to provide SME support to drive sales of our holistic solution.
· Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about Avalara's solutions and offerings.
· Develop and maintain an understanding of the marketplace, competitive offerings and other business issues relevant to the position.
· Use effective time management to maximize results.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Avalara partners and other third parties to increase opportunities.
· Document daily sales activities in Salesforce, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
· Be an active team player both on the sales team and throughout Avalara to help meet company objectives.
· Provide feedback from field experience to internal cross-functional teams with regards to product, selling, competitive, etc. matters.
· Interact constructively with internal colleagues and departments within Avalara.
· BA/BS or equivalent experience, accounting or finance degree a plus.
· 3+ years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers/leveraging partner relationships.
· Knowledge and expertise in the ERP, Ecomm, Billing & POS space.
· Experience selling to “C” and “V” level Executives.
· Documented success achieving and exceeding assigned quotas.
· Consultative, solution-based sales methodology.
· Knowledge of B2B marketing.
· Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions or the banking/financial services Industry is a strong plus.
· Previous experience with Salesforce is preferred.
· Strong business acumen.
· Excellent PC and Internet skills, including experience using Microsoft Office, Outlook, automation tools and web presentation applications (Webex, GoTo Meeting, Placeware, etc.).
· Highly motivated and able to work independently.
· Creative problem solver and quick learner.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.