Senior Director, Insurance
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out. We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism. Avalara's goal is to be a part of every transaction in the world. For 15 years, Avalara has built our business by being our partners' preferred provider of compliance automation so that we gain privileged access to their customers.
Our rapidly evolving Insurance business unit operates across over 40 Countries worldwide with market leading content and returns service which serves a variety of market segments from risk managers, brokers, and insurers.
We're searching for a unique leader with deep industry experience to accelerate growth. You will help define the strategy and drive execution across various functions, including product, business development, marketing, sales, and operations.
• Shape the overall strategy for Avalara's Insurance Business Unit, including objectives and key results
• Driving key initiatives with the Insurance Team and across the organization's matrix functions
• Developing and consummating key partnerships to drive growth, improve efficiency, and create customer satisfaction
• Acquiring and expanding key customer relationships
• Develop and update financial objectives, KPIs, and reporting with the GM
• Collaborating with business development, marketing, and sales to design and execute integrated growth campaigns
• Be instrumental in directing long-term platform integration strategy into Avalara core platforms
• Help in building and developing a best-in-class team, including fostering an environment of personal and team development
• 5+ years within a compliance setting within the risk management/insurance industry
• 10+ years of experience within Insurance sector
• 5+ years of General Management experience
• Leadership experience in matrix organizations
• Experience in building, launching, and selling technology products preferred
• Tax experience preferred
• International experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA preferred
• Broad business acumen, with deep experience in strategy, product, business development, marketing, and operations
• Strong influence leadership skills to advocate, align, and execute initiatives across a matrix organization
• Experience with Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) or similar frameworks
• Advanced skill in business development and sales, with the ability to generate, negotiate, and consummate partnerships and acquire customers
• Experience with platform integrations, including marketplaces, PMS, ecommerce, ERP, accounting, on-premise, and custom API integrations
• Knowledge of both B2B and B2C marketing
• Experience with prioritizing and managing product roadmaps
• Skill with financial analysis, forecasting, and reporting
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.