The Compliance Associate is responsible for all incoming and outgoing mail and FedEx in support of the Paso Robles office. Critical job duties include sorting and scanning incoming mail, delivering mail to Account Managers and processing outgoing mail and FedEx. The Compliance Specialist must have experience working with FedEx and USPS in a high-volume environment and be someone who pays close attention to details. This position reports to the Director of Compliance Services but frequently interacts with other departments.
- Sort and scan incoming mail and deliver mail to Account Managers
Outgoing Mail and FedEx:
- Separate outgoing mail and FedEx per guidelines
- Log client data and tracking numbers into Excel spreadsheet
- Update eCompli with tracking information
- Scan information into client master folders with tracking labels using standard naming conventions
- Process FedEx & USPS envelopes
- Meet FedEx outgoing deadlines and deliver outgoing items to USPS at the end of every day
Return Mail to Clients:
- Process return mail to clients and log scanned items
- Handle special requests from Account Managers regarding clients’ mail and delivery
- Keep inventory and supplies filled
- Maintain printers with ink and paper and update vendors for maintenance needs or supplies
- Answer phones, screen and transfer calls and take messages as needed
- Update distributor addresses in eCompli
- Work with reception on various projects and needs
- Serve as a back-up to the receptionist
- Bachelors’ degree
- Reliable transportation as this position requires twice daily visits to the Post Office
- 1+ year of experience in a mail processing role
- Knowledge of USPS and FedEx guidelines
- Track record for meeting deadlines
- Ability to work across multiple systems and navigate quickly from one system to another
- Aptitude for the accurately processing a high-volume of mail
- Effective working both independently and within a team
- Skilled at problem-solving; able to discern alternatives, make objective recommendations, and collaborate with others to accomplish goals
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form
- Basic Excel skills
Preferred QualificationsHands-on experience with Google Sheets and Salesforce
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.