- Manage a portfolio of ~150+ customers as they implement Avalara's tax compliance automation products
- Assist customers in planning their implementation of Avalara's tax automation suite to support their business processes and industry best practices
- Track key aspects of customer implementations, including key tasks, target dates, forecast dates, risk factors and customer interactions
- Engage internal and external business partners as part of the project management process
- Support customers' success by answering application questions, tracking issues, monitoring changes and resolving or escalating problems according to company guidelines
- Provide training and end-user support during customer onboarding
- Update internal implementation tracking systems in a timely and accurate manner for cross-departmental visibility and reporting
- Follow established implementation standards and operating procedures
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (BCA, MCA, B.Tech) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced customer service environment, managing a large portfolio of active customers through their implementation or support process; organization and the ability to balance multiple clients and varying needs is critical to this role's success
- Two or more years of software implementation, preferably within the B2B sector.
- Proficiency with speaking and writing English
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Efficient work habits that allow for a significant level of multi-tasking and ability to effectively prioritize to deliver impact and results.
- Results-oriented with strong people and time management skills, highly organized, motivated and driven to succeed.
- Attention to detail
- Strong team collaborator, believing that the success of the group is as important as individual success
- Strong communication skills; as a more senior role in the Go Live department, you may be called upon to make presentations either internally or externally, to train coworkers or customers on products and best practices.
- Ability to quickly evaluate a customer's abilities and adapt instructions and training accordingly
- Passionate about customer success, both individual customers and Avalara's customers
- Flexibility, welcoming growth and change
- Goal-driven and self-motivated towards continual improvement in knowledge, efficiency, productivity, and customer service; Consultants are measured on a combination of the number of projects successfully completed per month and the quality of the implementation
- Personify the Avalara Success Traits: Ownership, Simplicity, Curiosity, Adaptability, Urgency, Optimism, Humility
- Understanding of Sales and Use Tax
- Proficient in Salesforce, Jira, Gainsight
- Demonstrated ability to install and configure one or more of the following ERPs: WooCommerce, Sage 100, Sage Intacct, Dynamics GP, D365 Sales, D365 Business Central, Salesforce Sales Cloud, NetSuite, QuickBooks, along with the ability to explain the various configuration options and demonstrate sales order/invoicing processes.
- Experience with Tax Automation: lead the implementation of tax engines, returns and/or exemption certificate systems for Avalara, TaxJar, Vertex, Sovos, Sabrix or similar software
- Experience as a Tax Manager, Tax Accountant or bookkeeper for a business
- Knowledgeable in APIs
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.