Principal Software Engineer
Principle Engineer - Key Job Duties
- Assist in the development of key and senior level features and solutions.
- Drive and lead proof of concept projects to construct data driven proofs that specific design concepts and strategies work as expected.
- Be a prodigious author in the documentation of architectural decisions, design recommendations and research.
- Act as a mentor to other engineers and team members, share your skills and expertise, encourage creativity and innovation!
- Understand how software design and architecture impact the goals of the business.
- Analyze and attribute key operational requirements into cohesive design patterns.
- Help set a standard and set an example for high quality code review and analysis.
- Develop new implementations of data driven technology stacks.
- Implement best SaaS practices across the enterprise.
- Broad and extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
- Shipped customer facing software in at least 2 core languages such as C# or Java
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- Advanced knowledge of computer science theory such as state machine implementation, loop invariant proofs, and advanced data structures.
- Working knowledge and experience of databases and other data persistence layers from low level implementation details on up.
- Experience implementing large scale & low latency caching layers.
- Extensive experience implementing service architecture in cloud-based environments such as AWS.
- Understanding of various coding methods and computer languages
- Data modeling and database design experience
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) processes
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA)