Director - Enterprise Sales
Director - Enterprise Sales
Avalara is seeking an experienced and entrepreneurial Sales Leader to join team. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the Director - Enterprise Sales – is a role focused on driving sales within the Enterprise Market selling SaaS solutions to large, multi-national corporations with a focus on SAP, Oracle, Workday, SFDC, and Marketplace prospects.
Avalara is experiencing rapid growth and is looking for the best of the best when it comes to sales leadership. The Director – Enterprise Sales should have strong experience as sales leader, a proven track record of success selling large technology engagements and should be able to lead an experienced sales team through complex sales cycles. This individual will refine and further develop Avalara's go-to-market strategy for large corporations designated as Enterprise to Avalara's growing portfolio of customers. This successful candidate will work internally to drive collaboration with Product Management, Marketing, Business Development, Professional Services, and Strategic Alliances.
The Director – Enterprise Sales should have excellent interpersonal communication skills and an innate ability to channel different points of view and establish excellent relationships and credibility quickly. They will need to cultivate a team atmosphere with internal stakeholders while achieving key sales objectives. The ideal candidate will have sales leadership experience with tax and/or financial technology solutions and should be able to quickly understand Avalara's suite of products and services.
Avalara is known for its integrity, transparency, and ambition. The company has gathered a world class leadership team and is looking for a Sales Leader that aligns with its philosophies and possesses similar values.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Develop, communicate, and execute on a multi-faceted plan to grow business in Enterprise and Strategic accounts.
- Lead an existing team while recruiting, developing others in order to create a culture of success, accountability, and goal achievement.
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving sales goals.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting
- Work with the sales and marketing teams to monitor customer, market, and competitor activity to identify sales opportunities and to provide feedback to company leadership team and other impacted stakeholders.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Build and sustain strong relationships with key stakeholders including, but not limited to, executive leadership and industry peers
- Become a key member of the sales leadership team and work with other members of the team to align and drive corporate strategy.
- Review and continue to develop the sales organization's infrastructure and outreach to current and future clients.
- Manage sales representatives in terms of targeting, goal setting, compensation, performance, and accountability.
- Launch new products into existing and expanding markets with confidence.
- Prepare internal and external monthly sales reports based on strategic and tactical goals and metrics, monitoring the sales pipeline and leads, adjusting as necessary to create sustainable growth.
- Effectively monitor business trends and marketplace opportunities and respond accordingly.
- Work closely with leadership team to determine strategic direction of the business
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred.
- 15+ years of experience in enterprise sales and 5+ years in a leadership capacity.
- Experience in a matrixed sales environment selling complex software and solutions to enterprise customers.
- Consistent overachievement of team quota and revenue goals.
- Strong experience managing multi-tiered customer relationships; demonstrated ability to coach and mentor.
- Experience attracting, retaining, and developing high performing, high potential talent through assessing, selecting, onboarding, coaching, and developing.
- Experience guiding a sales team during the launch of new products.
- A track record of managing and growing teams in different geographical locations.
- Superior knowledge and demonstrated skills of sales techniques, customer interaction, customers relations.
- A proven and consistent track record selling to enterprise level customers and established relationship at the C-suite level
- Strong organization, communication, teamwork, presentation, problem solving and time management skills.
- Experience inspiring the team to follow defined best practices
- The ability to navigate and collaborate through complex opportunities.
- A competitive, can do, optimistic, realistic attitude, strong work ethic, humility and excellent team building communication and listening skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including presentation skills and the ability to communicate and influence at all levels within an organization. Must have an innate ability to channel different points of view and the ability to establish and maintain excellent relationships and credibility quickly.
- Self-starter and problem solver who exhibits drive, resourcefulness, and the ability to execute and implement change.
- Ability to develop long term business relationships with strong follow-up skills.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.