Product Manager - Customer On-boarding (6295)
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are looking for a dynamic, experienced, self-motivated Product Manager who will know what it takes to expedite end user setup through automation and simplification. The selected candidate will be responsible for driving product requirements for Avalara’s instantaneous GoLive initiative. This cross-company effort spans several technologies – AvaTax, Connectors, Avalara Identity and Avalara’s new on-boarding user interface.
As the product manager you will own the discipline of creating detailed end user requirements, driving cross team alignment and work several technology teams to ensure full product fit for use cases and requirements. You will be supported by a team that includes, program management, UX/UI design teams, engineering, and Avalara’s GoLive teams.
- Capture detailed product use case information from customers, internal customer facing teams and other stakeholders to assist with solution design and engineering specifications.
- Collaborate with the AvaTax Product teams, Implementation, Engineering, and Product Management organizations to identify dependencies and navigate priorities to meet road-map commitments
- Drive critical issues to resolution, internally and with partners and customers, acting as a primary point of escalation for stakeholders
- Keep your finger on the pulse of the ever-changing and dynamic work of the Microsoft Dynamics solutions to ensure compatibility and features that support Avalara’s customers’ requirements
- Establish and execute on a road-map that stays in line both with Microsoft’s road-map and the Avalara product road-map
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
- Bachelor’s degree with a finance and/or technology focus and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience as Business Analyst or Product Manager for a technology company, ideally an Accounting/ERP/Tax solution
- Experience and ability to collaborate with an offshore development team
- Software Engineering and Software Development lifecycle experience, specifically Agile processes
- Strong knowledge of Accounting, ERP and eCommerce, and Retail business workflows
- Basic understanding of SOAP & REST API
- Dynamic and fluid approach to projects with changing deadlines, requirements, and resources
- Upbeat personality with the ability to engage with technical and non-technical personnel at all levels
Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience leading complex IT design and implementation projects with many stakeholders
- Product or Program management or PMO leadership experience
- A strong oral and written communicator who values listening and works well cross-functionally
- A collaborator who can get others to perform who aren’t direct reports
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara’s headquarters are in Seattle, WA and it has offices across the U.S. and in Brighton and London, England; Brussels, Belgium; and Pune, India. More information at: www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.