Director, Product Management - Compliance Document Management (5947)
The Director or Senior Product Managers work with Avalara’s product teams, engineering teams, and business leaders to define the future direction and scope for our tax return and compliance services. In this role, you will help define and drive a strategy for rapid expansion of the Avalara compliance document management portfolio to enable companies of all sizes to centrally control and manage any compliance document for users, vendors, partners, or internal use.
What you’ll do....
- Work with customers to understand their needs
- Be / become an expert in your product’s space
- Articulate a clear and compelling product strategy that synthesizes customer needs, market dynamics, and business requirements
- Create prioritized roadmaps that deliver customer value
- Define metrics that measure the success of products, and use these metrics to drive business outcomes
- Develop clear, detailed, and actionable product requirements in partnership with Design / UX
- Serve as agile product owner to ensure engineering execution aligns with your roadmap
- Build alignment and collaborate effectively with other internal stakeholders to ensure effective customer-facing launches and a great end-to-end customer experience
- Drive strategic cross-product and cross-functional initiatives that will help transform Avalara’s business and improve the customer experience
What you’ll bring to the role....
- 8+ years overall professional career experience with a mix of startup and big company perspectives
- 5+ years experience as a SaaS product manager leading products at multiple lifecycle stages; facing multiple business challenges such as high growth, quick time to market, quality, and technology migrations; and serving customer bases that span small business owners, SMB, and enterprise as well as mass-market and vertical niches
- Experience with agile development methodologies, the Product Owner role, and commonly used tools such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with customer journey maps to create end-to-end customer experience within a product
- Demonstrated experience partnering cross-functionally, including with executives and other internal stakeholders driving business outcomes
- Ability to deliver product requirements appropriate for the project at hand
- Strong attention to detail
- Hands-on experience using major analytics tools; SQL experience is a plus
- Team player who is able to drive results through influence and enthusiasm
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills, with experience conducting executive-level briefings and demos both internally and with customers
- Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field (accounting, business, or computer science); MBA desirable
- Experience with tax automation products, ERP, eCommerce, and other financial accounting systems
- Familiarity with accounting and transaction tax compliance concepts (i.e., sales tax returns)
- Experience working with partners and 3rd party developers
Where you will work….
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transactional taxes, including VAT, sales and use, excise, communications, and other tax types. We deliver comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions that are fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers hundreds of pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications. Each year, the company processes billions of tax transactions for customers and users, files hundreds of thousands of tax compliance documents and tax returns, and manages millions of exemption certificates and other compliance related documents.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.