Senior Consulting Manager
TTR Consulting is seeking an experienced, sales and use tax consultant to join our growing Professional Services team as a Senior Tax Manager at our McMinnville, Oregon office. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to join an exceptional group of professionals dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and delivering incomparable professional services. Note-This position can be remote in the US.
This position can be remote in the US.
Primary job duties involve managing client delivery in the following areas:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of a diverse group of professionals
- Assist the directors in the delivery of multiple client engagements
- Play a key role in ensuring department goals are met
- Train and mentor staff in all activities related to sales and use tax
Additional job duties may involve research and other related activities in the following areas:
- Tax research necessary to complete client deliverables
- Tax research necessary to provide audit defense services to clients
- Critical thinking skills to complete client deliverables
- Available to travel as assigned (<15%).
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
This highly successful and rapidly growing practice area helps our clients in getting tax right. This is done through a variety of projects that include general tax consulting and tax recovery services. Proper management of deliverables is key to maintaining success.
- Undergraduate degree in Business Administration, Accounting or a related field, a specialty degree is a plus (such as a JD, Master's in Taxation or CMI – Sales Tax.)
- At least 7 to 10 years of sales and use tax consulting experience is required. Related government and corporate experience can be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Proven sales and use tax experience related to preparation and delivery of client deliverables.
- Proven sales and use tax experience in the preparation of sales of and use tax claims to include the identification of tax over and underpayments.
- Proven experience in dealing with state tax authorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Attention to detail with the ability to remained focus in a fast pace and rapidly changing environment
- Professional demeanor, team player and positive attitude, able to adapt to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage people.
- Demonstrated high standards of excellence in work product and professionalism
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We're committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you'll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It's time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara's open positions.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.