Head of Sales & Business Development
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify sales opportunities through direct prospecting, lead follow up, networking and partner relationships.
- Maintain a pipeline of new strategic integration partners.
- Analyze Avalara’s key markets to identify target integration partners.
- Develop subject matter expertise on Avalara products and industry best practices to provide actionable recommendations to partners during contract negotiation and product integration.
- Manage sales process through qualification, needs analysis, product demonstration, negotiation, and close.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Avalara partners and other third parties to increase opportunities.
- Document daily sales activities in sales force automation tool, prepare accurate reports and forecasts, manage pipeline and perform other tasks necessary to drive sales revenue and communicate activities to sales management.
- Articulate the value of Avalara products and services in a compelling manner to partners in various industries and to various external audiences.
- Work with a cross-functional team made up of Business Development, Sales, Product Marketing, and Operations to ensure maximum revenue potential.
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with leaders from demand generation, sales, marketing operations, sales operations, and channel marketing to ensure alignment, to optimize demand generation activities and campaigns.
- Manage programs to maximize net sales revenue across both new sales and add-on and upsell.
- Represent Avalara in various industry events, conferences
andassociations in the Direct Selling Marketplace to ensure Avalara maintains its leadership position
- Consistently achieve and exceed monthly booking goals through self-motivation, goal setting and solution-driven approaches to
- Leverage vast relationships in order to create new direct sales opportunities for Avalara
- Use superior interpersonal, presentation and communication skills for sales calls, product presentations, seminars
andface-to-face meetings as well as hosting demonstrations and partner webinars.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism and leadership by being diligent, thorough and making a positive impact during every sales engagement.
- Bachelor’s degree / MBA in Sales & Marketing from an accredited college or university.
- 10+ years of successful B2B sales experience with an emphasis on acquiring new customers/leveraging partner relationships.
- 5+ years of managing SDR/BDR/sales management experience.
- Software sales experience, including ERP, Accounting, CRM, and Software-as-a-Service/Cloud Computing business applications.
- Experience selling to “C” and “V” level Executives.
- A passion for demand generation and outbound prospecting with
deepunderstanding of outbound sales prospecting and buyer insights across segments (Enterprise and Mid-Market) in order to build a successful outbound program.
- Experience with Salesforce and other technologies that support the sales development function.
- Experience leading, supporting, or collaborating closely with a large, dynamic, inside sales team with revenue responsibilities.
- A balance of strong people skills combined with data, reporting, and process skills to ensure that our lead generation and appointment setting function are
- Great communication skills—positive and energetic, excellent listening skills, strong writing skills, and a team player who puts the company first.
- A systems thinker, able to analyze and refine systems of work and strategies. Expert in systems knowledge to ensure that the technology and processes the team relies on are working effectively and that we’re always on the leading edge of best practices.
Data, leading the business through KPIs, trends, and data insight. Ability to analyze data and make strategic and operational recommendations based on data. Translate data into action plans for continuous improvement. driven
- Travel to various prospects’ offices for meetings, events
Good to have:
- Familiar with SaaS company metrics is a plus.
- Familiar with accounting processes and transactional tax is a plus.
- Sales experience with financial/accounting applications and/or hosted software solutions or the banking/financial services
Industryis a strong plus.
- Experience with high-tech industry experience selling directly to indirect tax practitioners and strategic alliance experience to boost
- Experience managing Strategic Partnerships with Software Integrators, Accounting Consulting firms or Software Publishers such as Oracle, SAP, Salesforce, Magento, Zuora.
Critical Success Traits:
- Leadership qualities that reflect a self-motivated individual with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrates different influence styles as appropriate to
situationwhile maintaining positive relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on persuasion & influence
- Skill in negotiating contracts and comfort discussing legal documents and terminology.
- Experience with spreadsheets and presenting business cases in clear and compelling ways.
- Resourceful - able to build internal relationships to help navigate and gain access to information, getting deals done, historical knowledge, etc.
- Adjust to new, different, or changing requirements, learn from failures and adjust as appropriate to attain success.
results drivenand self-motivated.
- Persists despite obstacles and opposition or setbacks.
- Holds self-accountable for results.
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure