Tax Analyst-Customer Support
This role is a front-line position and is expected to take on support cases of moderate complexity and be able to manage your priorities within our fast-paced environment.This position's primary responsibilities will be providing world-class support to our customers and filing returns. This involves working directly with customers, responding to email requests in a timely manner and answering phone calls.
- Managing the clients’ expectations and overall experience
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form and maintain accurate and timely records.
- Work with members of other departments/teams to resolve support issues –escalating issues as necessary
- Prepare & file multi-jurisdictional Indirect tax returns
- Ability to troubleshoot, validate and understand the transactional data
- Handle advanced customers support and / or notices that requires returns knowledge
- Intermediate computer technical skills - MS Excel
- Exhibits strong professional written and verbal communication skills, including conveying information in clear and simple method
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task to meet strict filing deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to navigate challenging situations professionally.
- Excellent organizational skills –Ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- Have the ability to think outside the box to find solutions.
- You are a team player with a focus on promoting a positive and professional atmosphere.
- Flexible and Adaptable, able to adjust to change and embrace the unknown.
- The ability to see the bigger picture, as well as work within defined (and sometimes undefined) guidelines
- 1 to 3 years of experience in customer support or Indirect taxes which can include Sales & Use, Communications Tax, Lodging taxes or experience dealing with taxing jurisdictions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other four-year degree with equivalent accounting experience
- Demonstrates ability to be successful while overcoming obstacles, driven problem solver
- Enjoys details, working with data and performing analysis
- Excited individual that brings energy and wants to be a part of something
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.