INTERN - Security Operations
The successful candidate for the Security Operations Center (SOC) Intern role will help coordinate and report on cyber incidents impacting Avalara’s products, services, and Enterprise infrastructure. You will work with world class staff and tools to identify, monitor, and address attacks and malware, while participating in building a next-generation Security Operations Center (SOC).You’ll be responsible for assessing ambiguous situations and applying security concepts to determine legitimacy. You will audit critical systems and provide recommendations based on your findings. Familiarity with foundational security concepts while being able to work autonomously and in a team environment will be key skills for the right candidate.
- Perform Phishing and Malware research and analysis
- Conduct audits against our critical infrastructure, including Active Directory, Domain protection, Email security, and physical security systems.
- Investigate, document, and report on information security issues and emerging trends
- Integrate and share information with other analysts and other teams
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working under pressure in rapidly developing situations
- Ability to work with multiple people across various teams to complete a task
- Comfortable performing a wide range of responsibilities
- Experience with foundational system administration and networking concepts
- Pursuing a STEM or relevant business degree
- Experience with a variety of cloud providers such as AWS
- Experience scripting and SQL knowledge highly desirable.