Especialista de Produto (Fiscal/impostos)
We are looking for a passionate, results-oriented, and inventive Technical Product Manager to help us on the development of our Product TAXCOMPLIANCE.
TAXCOMPLIANCE is the Avalara's Brazil Cloud-based solution that support a multitude of businesses on the tax reporting automation process. The solution handles specific requirements of tax compliance for Municipal, State and Federal levels, summed to that, it is also part of its core scope the Brazilian statutory accounting reporting. Always aiming a better user experience, TAXCOMPLIANCE uses API's to ease the data input process. It consists on a dataset from a wide range of market ERP's that encompasses all GL, Financial, Chart of Accounts and transactional data (order-to-cash and purchase-to-pay) to deliver period-end processing and compliance reporting for our customers.
As the Technical Product Manager, you will be responsible to define sensitive technical aspects of our product, delivering clear requirements that our Engineers will consider through development phase. This position will be accountable for grooming our backlog of stories and effectively write those user stories, setting its acceptance criteria and business goals. Aside thatIn addition, you will interact with multiples stakeholders through our organization and ecosystem, thus, the right candidate must have solid experience working cross-functionally in an Agile development environment, demonstrating ability to successfully influence stakeholders without formal authority. The technical proficiency is sensitive for this role, so, be comfortable understanding and discussing tax technical concepts is a must have item. Excellent organizational and presentation skills with the ability to successfully interact and influence across functions at all levels of an organization and with customers.
DESCRIPTION ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Holistic view about customer's processes, mainly, allowing a better perception regarding our solutions level of adherent or gap to its needs
- Write user stories providing enough context, its acceptance thresholds and customer value / business objective.
- Breakdown complex projects in order to set better alignment and expectations with engineering
- Capacity to criticize processes and routines in order to identify technical improvements - parallel As-Is and To-Be
- Interface, on a regular basis, our Content team to, proactively, map relevant tax legal updates, that can, not only, impact our solutions, but also, represent a potential business opportunity
- Frequently, validate our work in progress with customers assuring that our development is aligned to their expectations
- Interface with UX in order to build, together solutions that will, not only attend technical needs, but also, delight them.
- Groom backlog of epics with Engineering and PM to update, add and prioritize items
- Estimate customer value that we are delivery with that user story
- Be the technical product reference towards cross areas (support, professional service, content) and customers
- Gather and digest user feedback (qualitative and quantitative) for continuous product improvement
- Work fluidly, exercising trust and transparency, with cross areas - Engineering, Knowledge & Learning, Sales, Professional Service, Support - setting clear expectations, goals, milestones.
- Join events related to Tax Technology sector