Associate Compliance Analyst- Jira (R6466)
Job Summary – Associate Managed Implementation
Associate Backfiling Analysts are responsible to handle filings and applications for all requested licenses, at all levels of government. The current opening focuses on state level sales tax registrations, primarily done online. This position requires the ability to learn quickly to start working independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential.
· Work with customers and Avalara internal team members to gather data and prepare historical tax return documentation.
· Ensure filing of Sales & Use tax returns accurately and on time.
· Performs other additional duties as assigned.
· Ability to meet the SLA's and ensuring accurate and timely registration.
· Communicate to manager ongoing status and challenges or blockers if any.
· Stay abreast of all the updates & trends, support overall production/accuracy goals.
· Find and implement opportunities for process improvement and build efficiency.
· Working with the team to plan and prepare monthly/quarterly/semi-annual/annual filings.
· Serve as front line contact for external customers by answering technical support telephone calls and emails
· Answer questions and troubleshoot issues related to use of SaaS software applications
· Act as an advocate for the customer and effectively communicate feedback to and from the members of our product development, product management etc. in a very clear and concise method
· Take ownership of technical issues from initial report to final resolution
· Assist internal groups with technical issues and inquiries
· Communicate clearly and concisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records on our ticket tracking system – Salesforce
· Help expand the knowledge base towards self-serving customers by producing relevant, accurate documentation like FAQs, User manuals, Installation guides etc
· Effectively train customers on Avalara product(s)
· Be open to accept additional responsibilities assigned to meet the deadlines
· Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
· Willing to work in 24/7 environment.
· Nice to have - experience / knowledge in sales tax domain.
· Knowledge of Windows, MS Word, MS Excel is a must
· Excellent written and oral communication skills are required with a demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional teams.
· Excellent logical and analytical skills
· Excellent Organizational skills and team player
· Minimum bachelor's degree.
· One or more years of professional experience would be preferred.
· Good written and verbal communication skills.
· Strong attention to detail with precision.
· Proficiency with MS Office.
· Candidate from Commerce / Finance background would be preferred.
· Conversant with working with XML, API and Database knowledge.
· Knowledge of Sales Tax (VAT & Use Tax)
· Experience in ERP Domain
· Experience with Product based company and SaaS based solutions.
· Critical thinking
· Experience of tracking tools like Salesforce & Atlassian Jira
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.