Executive Assistant (6353)
Avalara is seeking an Executive Assistant to support the President and COO. This role will have a wide range of creative/coordination/administrative responsibilities in a fast paced, dynamic environment. You must be an energetic, bright, motivated individual, with a positive can-do attitude. You are a detailed oriented individual who can manage time effectively in a fast-paced environment, while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. Be ready to feel The Power of Orange and have some FUN!
- Provide executive level support including complex calendar management and scheduling needs
- Organize and maintain email inbox
- Secure and manage complex travel arrangements
- Ensure best utilization of executive time and related management
- Manage incoming calls and requests on behalf of Executive
- Coordinate and manage internal and external executive events and meetings, including staff, all-hands, and off-site meetings
- Manage administrative activities to assist in the completion of key deliverables, including reporting, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Manage expense reporting and reconciliation
- Provide support on special projects as needed
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience, with at least 2-4 years providing direct support to senior-level executives
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality
- Expertise in Microsoft 365 (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Outstanding organization, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and wear many hats in a team environment with a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Successfully operate in a very fast paced environment and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure and manage unforeseen circumstances
- Ability to take initiative and possess a drive for delivering outstanding results
- Ability to travel
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.