- Be a key participant in creating a Quality First, Zero Defects culture. Promote Shift Left testing.
- Define and implement test automation strategy including roadmap, tools, framework for Scrum team
- Implement and help the team embrace best automation practices to maintain quality·
- Work closely with Scrum team members to clarify requirements, ensure testability and automation potential, and provide feedback on design
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and identify failing systems through the use of instrumentation and software
- Build/Enhance CI/CD pipeline
- Mentor/Coach Junior QA folks
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required
- 6+ years of test development and/or software engineering experience, preferably on SAAS applications
- 4+ years of experience in Test Automation and building frameworks and maintaining those for future enhancements.
- 3+ years experience in API/Web Services Test Automation Development
- Strong in any one programming language such as Java/C#
- Experience with test methodologies and software engineering.
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins/Hudson etc.)
- Proven problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of Enterprise CMS/CRM tools
- Experience in performance and reliability engineering.
Working with U.S. counterparts would require 10 hours per week overlap.
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.