Marketing Operations Manager
The Marketing Operations Manager will develop, manage and execute operational processes for the Marketing Department. Operations Manager needs to communicate openly with Marketing and other cross-functional teams and provide consultative and tactical support for campaign execution. This role will serve as a strategic partner with Campaign Management, and all cross-functional stakeholders involved in the approval process, to drive efficiency and ensure campaign readiness and success. Additionally, they will be responsible for testing and quality assurance methods to ensure all campaigns are set up to support CRM integration, campaign/marketing attribution and triggered routing/distribution.
The Marketing Operations Manager has the opportunity to greatly impact Avalara's marketing efficiency and nimbleness by bringing discipline and operational excellence to our Marketing organization.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in marketing campaign operations best practices – Apply a disciplined approach to the execution of Marketing campaigns and leverage that across all audiences and channels. Work closely with Audience Managers and other key stakeholders to deliver operational requirements in order to support our response attribution and lead flow processes.
- Develop and manage campaign object in the CRM – Setup, manage, and track all campaigns delivered by Campaign Management in the campaign object within Salesforce. Ensure campaign object is structured to support parent/child hierarchies and includes fields that support reporting and attribution across all audience/segment types, channels and offers. Work closely with Marketing Analytics to determine those requirements. Maintain naming convention best practices that supports the growth of our marketing organization and respective teams.
- Manage end-to-end quality assurance of marketing campaigns – Test and validate that all campaigns are properly configured in the CRM to support marketing program/campaign objectives. Test and validate landing pages post successfully to our marketing automation tool and into the CRM with campaign and marketing attribution elements set. Ensure campaign IDs are accurately appended to query string links and provided to Channel Managers. Work closely with Sales Operations to support desired routing/distribution requirements. Collaborate with Marketing Technology to help QA the fail points within lead flow specific systems. Monitor Marketing Metrics Dashboards, and when null values appear in reporting, ensure that the errors are corrected, and data backfills are performed.
- Identify key martech solution stack – Work closely with, and advise, Marketing Technology of all critical operational technologies to support the marketing campaign and lead flow process. Help define the requirements and capabilities needed from the marketing automation platform and all integrated applications and develop a strategic approach to the use of the technology.
- 2+ years' experience in high-tech B2B campaign execution and operations, integrated marketing and demand generation preferred.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem solving skills (“No detail is too small” attitude).
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively quality test campaigns prior to launch.
- Strong sense of urgency and experience in deadline driven roles.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks simultaneously.
- Bachelor's degree. Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with applied use of Excel functions (Vlookup, Pivot Tables) a plus