Sr. Analyst - Customer Excellence
- The Customer Excellence Team's mission is to ensure that Avalara's customers have an excellent experience with Avalara, from the time they purchase through to renewals, as reflected in customers' net promoter scores, retention rates and other measures of satisfaction, engagement, and risk.
- The Sr.Customer Excellence Analyst working independently or in partnership with other Avalara stakeholders to positively impact customer satisfaction and retention through the following activities-
- Proactive, horizontal collaboration. Break down silos between product, engineering, support and service organizations through proactive, cross-functional collaboration to evolve process and practices to be scalable and repeatable.
- Assess technical procedure and practices when engaged in reactive critical situations to drive internal process improvements, such as product maintenance, software as a service networks and feature enhancements.
- External collaboration with partners and technical vendors for cross-vendor technical support during reactive escalations or proactive product improvement initiatives
- Build rapport across Avalara's technical ecosystem to resolve process and product breakdowns; assist with technical situations where multi-vendor collaboration is vital to customer success.
- Technical management of a critical situation, working in tandem with Avalara stakeholders during an escalation until reaching pre-determined exit / resolution criteria.
- Collaborate with Avalara departments (product, support, compliance, contracts, accounting, legal) to resolve issues as appropriate, while driving consistent responsiveness and communication across involved stakeholders
- Serve as subject matter expertise for CORE Avalara products within Customer Excellence group
- Collaborate with other Avalara teams (Engineering, GoLive, Support, Compliance, SaaS Operations, Development) to improve Avalara's customer journey (prevent issue from “circling”)
- Provide recurring technical briefings to customers and support account managers.
- Proactive partnership with program management to share root cause and issue resolution.
- Attend continued product trainings to assure continued expertise from product and technical front.
- Support customers in various time zones and flexibility to work across various work shifts.
- Exposure and comfort with ERP systems and eCommerce platforms.
- Understanding of API's, installations and technical troubleshooting in a customer facing environment Proven track record of strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interview customers to get a clear understanding of their issues or requests and then promptly respond with the right answer or action.
- Solid project management skills, including managing multiple stakeholders, timelines, clear communications, and expectations.
- Professional maturity, including the ability to interface appropriately with senior management at customer companies, working toward resolving customer issues while representing Avalara's point of view all while managing various internal stakeholders.
- Strong sense of customer advocacy; ability to articulate a broad view of customer needs to the appropriate stakeholders within Avalara.
- Self-directed & goal-driven.
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve personal goals with minimal direction or supervision even in the face of competing or conflicting demands.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must communicate effectively with variety of customers over the phone, in email and in person.
- Detail-oriented. Demonstrated ability to identify requirements, break these into smaller work tasks, and ensure all tasks are completed with high quality.
- Minimum 7 years in technical account management and/or customer service capacity, ideally in a technology organization with an ERP or technical background Exposure and comfort with networking concepts, software code, tax calculation, ERP systems and eCommerce platforms Optimistic, enthusiastic, and self-motivated.
- An individual who thrives in a start-up environment that can sometimes be stressful and chaotic.
- Experience working directly with customers at multiple stakeholder levels: individual contributor / management / executive.
- Previous experience as a Service Account Manager or related post-account management advocacy position with a software organization
We're building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there's an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That's a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That's why we're growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.