Customer Support Lead - Global Payments (6192)
Avalara Global Client Payments-Customer Support Lead
As a member of the Avalara Global Client Payments team, you will be the primary point of contact for customer communications and issue resolution related to tax funding and payment transactions at Avalara. Our goal is to provide world-class service. This role is a front-line position and is expected to manage support cases of moderate complexity regarding clients’ tax funding and remittance services. You will manage your priorities within our fast-paced Global Client Payments team, and keep pace as business requirements evolve.
As the Customer Support Lead, you will triage all incoming support cases, and with each case either provide direct resolution of the issue to the satisfaction of the customer, or assign the issue to the appropriate GCP colleague for follow-up action. You will also manage proactive, outbound communications related to funding and payment activity. You will help ensure that the GCP team adheres to established service-level agreements related to case resolution, support various dashboard and reporting activities, and assist with research of outstanding financial balances. You will provide exemplary customer-support service to all lines of business supported by the GCP team, including AvaTax, lodging, telecommunications, and beverage/alcohol.
- Understand, interpret, research, diagnose, and respond to customer-related issues across multiple product and service lines.
- Manage the Customer Case queue to ensure that cases are resolved within established service-level agreements.
- Utilize internal resources to assist clients with troubleshooting funding and payment inquiries.
- Communicate clearly and precisely with customers in written and verbal form, and maintain accurate and timely records.
- Assist with monthly client-funding collection activities across multiple different products and services.
- Work with members of other departments/teams to resolve product issues, escalating issues as necessary.
- Work on operational, accounting, and finance projects as needed.
- Meet individual and departmental goals (g., case management, SLA, and KPI goals).
- Be the voice of the customer within Avalara.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, with preference for Operations, Business, or a Finance-related field.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience providing direct support to external customers by phone, electronically, and/or face-to-face.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to navigate challenging situations professionally.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize, manage, multi-task, and execute projects cross-functionally.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- You are able to think outside the box to find solutions.
- You are a team player with a focus on promoting a positive and professional atmosphere.
- You like to tinker, and you love technology.
- You are flexible and able to adjust to change. You embrace the unknown.
- You are able to see the bigger picture while working within defined (and sometimes undefined) guidelines.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce, and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.