Senior IT Internal Auditor
Are you looking for your next challenge and want to join a rapidly growing company? The Avalara Internal Audit team is expanding and looking for someone to help lay the foundation of a successful department that can scale with the company as we grow domestically and internationally.
This position will play a significant role in the identification, assessment, and mitigation of IT risk across the company, with the goal of improving Avalara's operations, compliance, and system of internal controls.
- Develop and maintain standardized best practices, policies, and systems for Internal Audit
- Assist in the development of a risk-based IT audit plan
- Develop project objects, scope and audit programs
- Perform audit assessments evaluating the design and effectiveness of general IT controls, service auditor reports, automated business controls, and application controls as part of Avalara’s SOX program
- Prepare clear, concise written reports on audit results and findings
- Work closely with system owners to ensure corrective action plans are in place to remediate gaps or deficiencies
- Perform follow up audits to ensure remediation of findings and report the status of remediation efforts
- Develop and deliver training over general information technology controls, application controls, and other audit areas
- Assist in the coordination with external auditors on their annual audit plan and facilitate with the affected teams to minimize the impact
- Assist with internal investigations regarding financial reporting matters as they arise
- Provide audit perspective to special projects assigned, including business and asset acquisitions, system implementations and process improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Business, Accounting, Finance or a related field required.
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) credential strongly preferred.
- Public company experience strongly desired
- Five or more years related job experience, including experience in public accounting
- Proven and thorough knowledge of CoBIT, COSO internal control framework, PCAOB audit standards, and other regulatory requirements
- Outstanding knowledge of internal control concepts and experience evaluating and determining the adequacy of controls
- Experience with data analysis tools and techniques preferred
- Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to connect with individuals at all levels in the organization
- Critical qualities to be successful include:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Effectively able to direct and prioritize multiple and complex projects to completion within deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Encourage and demonstrate a spirit of continuous improvement
- High integrity and ethical standards
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.