Engineering Manager - NetSuite
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise, coach and lead engineers; develops engineering action plans to guide timely and cost-effective development of projects.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in overall NetSuite projects by prioritizing, planning and tracking development progress.
Trainingsand ensure their Technical Competency with respect to the Project needs.
- Implement and follow agile/scrum processes.
- Design and code new features and functionalities. Participating in architecture discussions.
- Perform code reviews and ensure coding standards and practices.
- Work with Customers, QA
andother stakeholders to understand requirements and come up with besttechnical solution.
- Spearhead various Research and Development initiatives to identify opportunities for new projects and improved processes.
- Vocally advocating for technical excellence and helping the teams make good decisions
- Maintaining and fostering our culture by interviewing and hiring only the most qualified individuals with an eye towards diversity
- Be an active member in gathering requirements and UAT along with Product team.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology.
Minimum5 years’ experience Building NetSuite based applications.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering best practices including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Should have knowledge in integration involving web services (XML, SOAP, WSDL) and REST protocols.
- NetSuite scripting – client script, SuiteLet, user event script, scheduled script, workflows
- Understanding of functionality related to Accounting, Sales Cycle, Purchase Cycle, Quote-to-Cash (including billing, purchasing
- Knowledge of Suite Commerce Advanced.
- Managing forms in NetSuite such as sales order, item
fulfilment, invoice, cash management, stock management, etc.
- Knowledge of creation of custom transaction body field, columns field and item fields, entity fields.
- Knowledge of Suite Bundler(Creating & deployment of
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills along with interest to broaden the NetSuite knowledge
- Minimum 4 years’ experience into Leading and Managing technical teams.
- Experience in managing complex projects that require a deep understanding of the application logic, dependencies, and domain
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and project management to understand requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Agile development methodologies
Good to have:
- NetSuite Certified Developer
- ScrumMaster experience
Working Conditions: Working with U.S. counterparts would require approx. 5-6 hours per week overlap.