Sr. Compliance Analyst
The Sr. Compliance Analyst is responsible for the preparation and filing of new license applications and renewals and managing product labels registrations and document inventory through the eCompli system. You will have contact with multiple clients, agencies and staff and must represent Avalara in a professional manner by communicating clearly and processing the assigned work timely. This position requires the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment where attention to detail, analytical skills and strong communication skills are essential.
Communication – As a Sr. Compliance Analyst, you are the first point of contact for client interactions. In this role, you should expect to dedicate a portion of your day to fielding communication, both internal and external, regarding their clients’ compliance services. To succeed, you must be comfortable taking ownership of your client roster’s overall satisfaction and you must be empathetic to client needs. Compliance is complex, so your ability to set expectations and relay information in an easily understood manner is essential. This includes potential escalations where clear, timely communication is imperative.
Tasks – You will file license renewals according to internal deadlines; complete follow up with regulatory/government agencies on application status; manage and track all projects and licenses within our proprietary software; and utilize time tracking software to record work activity.
Relationship management – As a Sr. Compliance Analyst, you will understand client businesses through listening and collaboration. Each client varies in business needs, geographic reach and growth strategy, so being familiar with client nuances is essential.
Training – As a Sr. Compliance Analyst, you are the front line for ongoing education and training. For core clients, Sr. Compliance Analysts communicate new enhancements and drive adoption of existing technology to enable clients to self-serve where possible. Your understanding of client needs enables clients to get the full benefit of Avalara’s expertise and software. For premium clients, you will partner with the Customer Success Manager to ensure the customer is aware of how our proprietary software can help them manage compliance for their business more efficiently.
Promote positive relations and communications with coworkers, vendors, and clients following our Core Values
- Bachelors’ degree
- 2+ years of experience in a compliance role
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or other four-year degree with equivalent experience
- Proven computer technical skills – MS Office Suite, Google Suite
- Exceptional organizational skills & attention to detail
- Strong communication skills – both oral and written
- Team-player, customer-centric attitude
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work across multiple systems and navigate quickly from one system to another
- Effective working both independently and within a team
- Skilled at problem-solving; able to discern alternatives, make objective recommendations, and collaborate with others to accomplish goals
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and allocate resources in line with priorities with a focus on both timeliness and accuracy of services
- Ability to manage a wide variety of confidential information in a professional manner and have the ability to manage fluctuating priorities and workload
- Understands government compliance for licensing and tax compliance as well as hold keen insights into the alcohol beverage industry
- Automated tax solution experience
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.