Sr. Manager, Global Payment Operations
As the SR Manager of Global Payments, you will be leading and managing Avalara's tax remittance processes and delivering world class tax payment automation for global payments across a variety products and services.
- Leads, inspires, and ensures appropriate ownership and accountability in a highly operational and analytical payments organization.
- Responsible for accurate and timely Client Tax Payment procedures and policies
- Responsible for driving effective and scalable payment processing approaches across products, market segments and business units through automation and process improvements. The Global Payments leadership team will create a One Avalara treasury services that ensures the development, communication, control, and execution of project plans in a consistent manner
- Responsible for leadership and supporting the monthly Payments cycles across multiple business units and systems
- Develops strong business relationships with high profile, high revenue customers to ensure a strong, long-term relationship with Avalara
- Lead a team responsible for supporting the Payment Bank Account Reconciliations with the intent of identifying payment exceptions that require additional research and handling with Avalara Trust financial institutions
- Managing issues to resolution while provide insight and support for business process improvements to ensure reduced risk of repeat experiences of issue
- Work closely with the Payment Reconciliation analysts to establish operational procedures and ensure financial controls are sound
- Identify, recommend, and implement solutions to streamline existing operational processes and achieve results of enhanced productivity, reduced expenses, and increased efficiencies
- Oversee reconcile payments activity typically involving multiple currencies and bank accounts
- Manage the team to partner with engineering and payments team to maintain and enhance Infogix (Bank Reconciliation software), to include unpaids and month end reconciliation, in addition to review opportunities for KPI and analytics
- Support SOX and other audit requirements
- Manage the team and perform as needed the operational processing, transactional research; formulate recommendations to resolve issues, positive pay services, check printing and research across the team
- Maintain policies and procedures in support of team functions and audit controls
- Special projects as assigned (i.e. assisting with the integrations of newly acquired organizations and the setup of new operations)
- May act as a back up to perform payment core teams processes for a variety of business units
- Undergraduate degree, prefer Accounting or Finance (MBA is preferred).
- 5 + years financial operations, payment processing and or banking experience.
- 3 + years of operational management experience.
- 2+ years leadership experience.
- Payment Operations experience preferred, including background in Fiscal Representation and AML Program Management.
- Demonstrated work experience in the areas of treasury operations, accounting, data analysis, and problem solving.
- Strategic thinker with ability to assess current situation and future trends and bridge the gap.
- Aptitude or ability to utilize data mining software/tools (e.g. PowerBi, SQL, etc.) is highly desired.
- Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated work experience in the areas of data analysis, problem solving, general ledger
- Must possess advanced MS Excel modeling and be capable to marry technical and business level input and support on a daily basis (i.e. Formulas, Macros, pivots, VB)
- Previous experience working in accounting systems (i.e. NetSuite, GP, SAP, QuickBooks)
- Ability to lead/work collaboratively in team environment, with the ability to manage change and be flexible to frequently changing business priorities
- Proficient with MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Power Point, Excel); experience with Visio is a plus
- Previous experience with general ledger systems such as Dynamics GP is a plus
- Treasury Processing Services experience or in-depth knowledge of the Payments/Processing industry is a plus
- Work well under pressure and be able to deliver results under tight deadlines
- High quality control standard and good attention to detail
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills are required with all levels of management
- Ability to effectively communicate findings and solutions to both internal and external customers. Previous experience in customer care and support desirable
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.