Database Administrator (DBA)
We are looking for SQL Database Administrator in Pune.
• The Data Services team is fundamentally tasked with the operation of data warehouse with a focus on collection, storage, processing, and analyzing large sets of data.
• The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for the configuration and maintenance of the Financial, CRM, and Billing system databases in MS SQL and other environments in a manner that ensures services are accessible on a 24 x 7 basis.
• To this end, the DBA develops monitoring and support plans for all database environments, including creating stored procedure and scripts to automate recurring database administration processes.
• The DBA role requires knowledge of database design and architecture, proven analytical abilities, and exceptional communication skills.
• Domain knowledge of sales and marketing, CRM, SaaS, and the billing/financial ERP space will be a huge advantage.
• Administer all aspects of the production databases including applying patches, upgrading or migrating the RDBMS, and planning for appropriate storage capacity
• Troubleshoot performance issues
• Expertise in MS SQL Server 2016+, including SQL server operations and SQL query optimization
• Develop and implement disaster recovery plans including RTO and RPO
• Experience designing, implementing, and maintaining high-availability SQL databases in on-premise and SaaS environment – preferably a MS SQL Cluster environment in AWS
• Implement industry standard best practices for ongoing database administration
• Develop and maintain knowledge in database design architecture and physical data modeling, including debugging, profiling, and problem solving
• Develop, enforce, and maintain appropriate database change control procedures
• Exercise appropriate control and implement security protocols to keep financial data secure
• Review existing processes and recommend changes or institute new processes as necessary, including the areas of monitoring, upgrades, and tuning
• Generate high-quality project documentation, such as architecture designs, implementation plans, design documents, test plans, etc.
• Exposure to OLAP, enterprise data warehouse design and support experience. Experience in SSRS and SSAS, Talend ETL.
• Other job duties as assigned
• Provide technical escalation and be on call during designated periods
• Be available during US business hours to accommodate overlap shifts and weekend on-call rotations
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field; or equivalent combination of skills and experience
• 5 to 7 years of experience implementing, maintaining and architecting database solutions using Microsoft SQL Server
• SQL Server Database Administration
• Conceptual knowledge on Data Warehousing, Data Mart, ODS, Business Intelligence
• Experience with diverse databases including AWS RDS, MySQL and non-relational ones
• Jira and Confluence
• Exposure to SOX Compliance Audit is most preferable.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
• Should be a self-starter. Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects.
• Flexibility to work on BI/ETL development tasks as per project need. Preferably having exposure to BI/ETL development is an added advantage.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.