Content QA Analyst - VAT
We are currently looking for a Content QA Analyst to join our innovative, market leading company. This is a special opportunity for a tax professional to join an entrepreneurial product team with an in-demand, front running product powering the VAT world.
The Content QA Analyst will be the gatekeeper of VAT Content accuracy, reviewing the output of the VAT Content Team. As this role works closely with members of the VAT Content Team, the optimal candidate will also have in depth experience with end to end VAT compliance. The QA Analyst will catch both the first round of simple mistakes, but also find the harder to spot problems early in the process.
Achieving success will require the QA Analyst to be a technically adept as well as a champion for improvement.
Although not generally required, the candidate must be flexible to overlap work timings with other Avalara offices globally, as needed.
- Ensure that all content changes are completely, thoroughly and articulately documented
- Confirm that business requirements are testable and verifiable in order to ensure requirements traceability and delivery of expected functionality
- Verify that user fields are in parity with the language captured in the forms to be populated
- Create and run scenarios to test the accuracy of content to be deployed. Check that output data meets customer expectations
- Perform regression testing to resolve any impact or interplay that new content may have on existing content
- Maintain meticulous test data
- Document instructions describing content changes and provide customer guidance on how to effectively navigate the changes implemented, where appropriate
- Effectively work and communicate with team members to accomplish specific tasks in a timely, efficient and productive manner
- Open to accept additional responsibilities to enable the team to meet deadlines
Qualifications (absolute must haves walking in the door)
Our ideal candidate will have:
- 1-3+ years of experience in VAT and/or compliance
- Qualifications in technical fields, such as law, accountancy, economics, mathematics (in that order of preference)
- Testing experience in web‐based and database applications
- Written and spoken fluency in English
- Have a passion and flair for problem-solving
- Possess strong time management and organization skills to achieve priority results
- Demonstrate high standards of excellence in work product and professionalism
- Possess the ability and the desire to work collaboratively in cohesive teams
- Well-developed critical thinking skills are a must
- Possess the ability and desire to work in and adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic environment, whilst achieving priority results
- Possess excellent logical and analytical skills
- A high comfort level with technical tools
- Preferred Qualifications (great to have but not absolutely necessary)
- MBA, JD/LLM in Law, ATT or CTA in Tax (or local tax qualifications in country of origin), and/or CPA/Chartered Accountant or similar in that order of preference
- Familiarity with tax returns and/or government compliance
- Experience with the use of e-files
- Familiarity with JIRA
- Previous software experience a plus
- A good understanding of QA and Testing
- Previous experience providing UAT for a software product is preferred
- Fluency in languages other than English are a plus
- Demonstrable experience with transactional and consumption taxes implementations in software and software as a service is a plus (SAAS)
- Demonstrable experience or qualifications in managing process optimization (e.g. Agile process) is a plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.