Marketing Automation Manager
Avalara Inc., one of the fastest growing technology companies in the United States, is seeking a Marketing Automation Manager.
Avalara, Inc. is a leading cloud-based software platform that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes. Recognized as one of America’s fastest growing technology companies, Avalara integrates with leading ERP, financial and ecommerce software systems that serve millions of businesses worldwide. It employs more than 2000 people at its headquarters in Seattle, WA and in offices across the U.S. and in London, England and Pune, India.
Avalara is looking for a Marketing Automation Manager to execute digital marketing campaigns using our marketing automation platform, Eloqua. We’re looking for someone with a proven track record in creating and delivering successful lead-generation and cost-effective marketing campaigns through digital marketing channels using marketing automation in conjunction with CRM software. This is a hands-on, execution-oriented position that will work closely with Avalara’s Marketing Operations and
Demand Generations teams, with a focus on building and deploying outbound, email marketing campaigns and applying automation to scale campaign creation and execution. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter who thrives in a dynamic environment to impact the Marketing team’s overall performance by owning campaign execution and processes around it while identifying opportunities to optimize Avalara’s campaign efforts to scale. A successful candidate will have proven experience using marketing automation software like Eloqua or Marketo in a high volume lead generation capacity.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the technical marketing automation programs required to achieve next-level marketing initiatives.
- Maximize the use and effectiveness of the marketing automation platform.
- Manage the API integration with Salesforce and implement best practices for data field governance.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in marketing automation that enhance the customer journey.
- Work with marketing managers to plan nurture campaigns and hit key milestones in the buyer’s journey.
- Understand and segment the database to build the most impactful campaign lists, for better personalization and dynamic user experiences.
- Build test frameworks (A/B tests, deliverability and tracking) to continually improve campaign metrics like click-through and conversion rates.
- Develop and optimize marketing profile definitions to identify marketing populations.
- Serve as a subject matter expert in marketing targeting rules and definitions.
- Develop expert level knowledge of and identify/analyze new data sources.
- Advanced marketing automation expertise, with a minimum of 2 years “direct hands-on” experience, 2+ years’ experience in high-tech B2B campaign execution and operations, integrated marketing and demand generation preferred.
- Salesforce.com experience preferred.
- Expertise in email marketing & email campaign management a plus.
- Strong critical thinking, analytic and problem solving skills (“No detail is too small” attitude).
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively quality test campaigns prior to launch.
- Strong sense of urgency and experience in deadline driven roles.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and tasks
- Bachelor’s degree. Degree in Business, Marketing, or Communications a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce, and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.