Senior UX Designer
- Design is an iterative process: Welcome feedback and work effectively with team members and stakeholders (Product, Engineering, etc.) to come up with the optimal design during the product ideation processes.
- Create intuitive interfaces and seamless experiences that make emotional connections with users and communicate the brand.
- Gain a deep understanding of user needs and goals and communicate them to cross-functional product teams.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously across diverse product teams.
- Design web app interfaces and product experiences for a wide range of tax compliance products.
- Create design deliverables appropriate to projects - including flows, diagrams, mockups, interactive prototypes, specs, and assets for stakeholders, validation with users, and engineering teams.
- Collaborate with the product team to launch new features and evolve existing ones based on an understanding of user needs, business objectives and technical constraints.
- Collaborate with product managers on obtaining feedback from customers and partners.
- Test ideas and rapidly incorporate user and team feedback.
- Use, contribute to, and help to maintain Avalara’s product design system.
- Help establish new and/or improve existing workflows as necessary including the full customer journey spanning discovery, purchase, onboarding, and on-going product usage.
- 5+ years of professional experience designing interfaces and online experiences.
- Designing within an existing or emerging design system (i.e. Material Design, VMWare Clarity, Salesforce Lightning Design.)
- Working with developer teams using agile sprints, participating in design reviews and retrospectives, and wrangling tickets in Jira.
- Working hand-in-hand and advocating for a user-centered design process with Product Management, Engineering, and UI Writers.
- Experience incorporating user research into the design process.
- You have a portfolio that includes: wireframes, interaction flows, and high-fidelity interface examples. Your thought process and the context of your contribution should be clear.
- We expect that a good designer can learn tools. We use Sketch (with the Craft Library plugin) to design, our prototyping is done with InVision, and our main source of sugar is Swedish Fish.
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3.
- Ability to mentor junior designers or interns.
- Experience working for leading SaaS companies with a diverse customer base spanning small business owners, SMB, and enterprise
- Bachelors or higher degree in a User Experience related field such as (UX design, HCI, Interaction Design, or Graphic Design) [Or equivalent professional experience.
Travel: approx. 10%