Director Technical Program Management (6613)
Avalara, Inc., (www.Avalara.com), is the leading provider of cloud-based software that delivers a broad array of compliance solutions related to sales tax and other transactional taxes.
What is it like to work at Avalara? Come find out! We are committed to the following success traits that embody our culture and how we work together to accomplish great things: Fun. Passion. Adaptability. Urgency. Simplicity. Curiosity. Humility. Ownership. Optimism.
We are seeking a highly motivated, experienced Director, Technical Program Management to join our Engineering Team in Seattle.
- Track record of delivering programmatic goals and managing complex projects
- Establish and drive to charter program and/or project milestones and deliverables, partnering closely with Product Management to review charter proposals, access ROI and drive accountability.
- Communicate and operate in a matrix environment, collaborating closely with operational roles, IT and other groups to manage critical projects on time and budget, and to a high level of quality.
- Work closely with stakeholders, senior management, and outside organizations on project progress and communicate issues and risks and mitigation strategies.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, presenting to senior executives
- Drive and execute on broad, complex initiatives across product lines, providing program governance and oversight.
- Help develop and maintain scorecards and dashboards and track and improve program specific KPI’s.
- Manage Engineering wide ROI analysis and cost expenditures to plan and assist with organizational budgeting operations.
- Mentors and coaches project team members as appropriate
- 8-10+ years’ experience in program/project management
- PMP or similar certification
- Willing to work in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
- Ability to work with distributed teams
- Experienced in Agile and Scrum. Certification a plus.
- Executive presence, high level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- BA/BS Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to build quantitative models and structured problem solving
- Demonstrated ability of working in complex cross cultural environments to drive business process change.
- Experience developing operational processes and process improvement
- Demonstrated ability to deliver both strategic and tactical results across diverse cultures from inception to completion
- MBA preferred
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use.
Avalara offers more than 700 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers.
Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.