Digital Experience Project Manager
We're seeking a Project Manager to join the Digital Experience team, focused on streamlining delivery of web projects. You will work closely with our International Web Strategist to establish priority and planning of initiatives, drive transparency and accountability for numerous cross-organizational initiatives and facilitate the successful delivery of these initiatives.
This role requires strong business acumen, an eye for business process improvements and outstanding communication skills. The position requires a balance of collaborative leadership and influential skills across the team and beyond.
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to influence others to produce results. Position requires the ability to effectively collaborate with business owners, process owners, subject matter experts, and have a high tolerance for ambiguity and a bias toward action.
- Provides project management support for web projects in support of the International digital roadmap for site experiences including new product introductions.
- Project management support includes project requirements intake, scheduling and facilitating project team meetings, communication of project status, and issue resolution.
- Partners with business owners and other stakeholders on intake of new projects, understands business strategies and provides recommendations to manage capacity to support changing and/or emerging business needs.
- Roadmap, project schedule and task definition with accountability for ensuring project milestones are achieved for successful execution and on-time delivery of web projects and programs.
- Leads and/or contributes to continuous business process improvement efforts to help streamline and standardize workflow, communication, and resource efficiencies.
- Facilitates annual, quarterly and ongoing project forecasting and capacity planning.
- Contributor for capacity model development and ongoing capacity management support for resource managers.
- Facilitates planning meetings with management working group, manages intake and backlog, manages communication to project requestors
- Works with Web Strategy, Design and Development resource managers to assess impact of requested work and understand available capacity.
- Partners with appropriate team members to clearly outline transfer of work from project to operations and ensure continuous support after project closure.
- 5+ years experience program and project management experience in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- 5+ years project management experience, with the ability to both oversee the strategy for multiple projects and manage issues at the tactical level
- Demonstrated experience in continuous process improvements that help our teams scale
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with project management and workflow tools, such as JIRA, Portfolio, WorkFront, etc.
- Working knowledge of Visio or other flowcharting tools
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of Project Management principles
- Analytical thinking and strong problem-solving skills with proven ability to troubleshoot, identify, and execute innovative solutions for website production challenges.
- Actively participates, collaborates, and leads with others on one's own team and cross-functionally for the achievement of business goals.
- Uses business knowledge, innovative thinking, and sound judgment in the solution of problems or the pursuit of business opportunities
- Considers the ultimate impact of decisions and actions on internal and external customers
- Works smart by setting effective work goals, establishing priorities, and planning well in order to produce quality work and meet deadlines
- Challenges the status quo, champions change and flexibility and influences others to be equally agile.
- Project management (PMP) certification is a plus
- Content management tool expertise in Adobe Experience (AEM), including experience with translation services is a plus
- Adobe Analytics and digital best practices knowledge is a plus.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.