Senior Customer Account Manager
We are looking for a Customer Account Manager to join our growing and thriving team. In this position, you will be responsible for a segment of Avalara's EMEA customer portfolio and manage all retention, renewal, customer satisfaction, upgrade and add-on sales activities, with a specific focus on maximising customer lifetime value.
The best people for this job have a high sense of urgency to deliver results, are ready to own outcomes, possess superb planning and time management skills, and can empathise with customer needs while delivering high value to them in every interaction.
Experience with business accounting concepts, ideally encompassing indirect taxes such as VAT or Sales Tax, is a strong plus.
You will enjoy working with external customers, and internally across departments within Avalara (including New Business Sales, Support, Professional Services, Marketing, and Finance) to resolve issues and explore opportunities.
- Serves as the primary post-sale point of contact for clients/customers
- Uses in-depth knowledge of client industry and/or business processes, deep knowledge of the product being sold and technical expertise to drive and increase adoption and utilization of company products
- Demonstrates product features beyond central functionality to help the customer achieve specific business results and maximum value from the product(s)
- May recommend specific solutions to achieve customer’s desired result
- Holds direct responsibility for identifying opportunities and closing additional revenue from assigned clients, including upselling and cross-selling of related products; accountable for client renewal and retention results
- Ensures best practices are adopted for product use
- May handle escalations and coordinate across functional areas of the company, including Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, Engineering, Finance, Training, and/or Support
- Bachelor's degree (B.S. or B.A.) from an accredited college or university, or equivalent career experience.
- Minimum 10 years of sales, customer management, consulting or related experience
- Proven experience of working with enterprise accounts
- Successful track record in reaching or exceeding goals in customer satisfaction, customer retention, and add on sales
- Experience maintaining extraordinary external customer relationships
- Solid communication, listening and writing skills
- Able to work in a team environment with calm demeanour
- Ability to resolve user questions through a combination of independent study, investigative programming, and collaborative efforts
- Excellent understanding of business accounting practices related to indirect tax a strong plus
- Good understanding of information systems implementation and support practices
- Capable of working with people of varied technical and finance backgrounds
- Organised and reliable: able to work independently with little direction when necessary
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and technical agility
- Solid knowledge of desktop productivity tools and experience using CRM systems (e.g. salesforce.com)
- Multilingual capabilities are advantageous, a second European language is desirable
We’re building cloud-based tax compliance solutions to handle every transaction in the world.
Imagine every transaction you make — every tank of gas, cup of coffee, or pair of sneakers, every movie ticket, meal kit, or streamed song, every sensor-to-sensor ping. Nearly every time you make a purchase, physical or digital, there’s an accompanying unique and nuanced tax compliance calculation.
The logic behind calculating taxes — the rules, rates, and boundaries — is a global, layered, three-dimensional mess of complexity, with compliance dictated by governments and applied by every business, every day.
Avalara works with businesses of all sizes, all over the world — from corner stores to gigantic global retailers — to calculate tax accurately and automatically, at speeds measured in milliseconds.
That’s a massive technical challenge, in terms of scale, reliability, and complexity, and we do it better than anyone. That’s why we’re growing fast.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and around the world, in Belgium, Brazil, Canada, India, and the U.K.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.
Avalara is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can follow this process outlined when applying for a position: Please provide your name and contact information to our recruitment team at recruitmentEMEA@avalara.com